"There won't be enough to learn from this game to make it worth watching for the guys sitting out." explained Takeuchi, which made Riko's expression change with every word he said.

"I see." she said, gritting her teeth as she quickly faked another smile. Even Yasu's eye was starting to twitch.

"We're having the other players practice as usual so we don't waste time." he added, rubbing into their faces further. "Despite the arrangements, you'll be playing our regulars. I hope you won't let us triple your score." With one final check at the clipboard, he waved at them and walked towards his team, leaving behind the fuming students.

Yasu flinched when she noticed Riko had a deadly aura as she clenched her fists tightly with veins popping out all over her face. "Please calm down, Riko-senpai." she said, trying to calm her down before she could possibly raise her fists.

"They think we suck." snarled Kagami, who was as angry as the rest. "They're treating this like a sideshow to their practice." Kuroko noticed the dark look on him but it was a motivation for him to prove Kaijo wrong, making him smile.

"Just listen to him." said Hyuga as everyone glared at the coach when he told Kise to not participate in the game.

"I haven't been this pissed in awhile." said Izuki.

"I'm sorry." said Kise as he ran up to them. "Seriously, sorry. I'll be on the bench." He placed his hand beside his mouth, whispering, "If you give his guys a beating, I'm sure he'll put me in. Besides, if you can't force him to put me in, you shouldn't go around saying you'll beat the Generation of Miracles."

"Hey, show the Seirin guys to the locker room." ordered Takeuchi from far.

"It's fine." assured Kuroko, walking to the locker room with his team. "Please warm up. We don't have time to wait." Kise looked at him feeling confused at first before realising what he had meant, then smirked.

"Oh, Yasu-chan." called Riko, halting to look at the said girl while the rest went in. "Why don't you wait outside at the bench? It won't take long for me to tell the plans to the boys."

The said girl nodded and left her to join the boys, sitting on the bench to wait for her team. Just then, she noticed one of Kaijo's regulars with short black hair that had a green tint he parted to the right and narrow eyes. He was pointing at her while talking to Kise. His face lit up when Kise said something and was about to walk over to her when the latter grabbed him and pulled him back.

'What's up with them?' she wondered, raising her brow at the scene.

~Time skip~

"Let the practice game between Seirin High and Kaijo High begin." announced the referee when five of Seirin players lined up in front of Kaijo players, which he failed to notice one more person among them. "Uh, we're about to get started, so Seirin, please have your five line up."

"There's five of us." said Kuroko, raising his hand to him. The Kaijo students yelped in surprise at the sudden appearance, as well as the ones practising on the other side.

"This is ridiculous." scoffed Takeuchi. "After all their boasting, I thought they'd have some decent players."

"We'll see." said Kise, getting his coach's attention. "You might be right. They're not just decent."

"Ouch." said Riko as she scanned the Kaijo players' data.

"What's wrong, Riko-senpai?" asked Yasu, but she only continued staring at them with a serious expression. 'Judging by her expression, Kaijo regulars are really at the national level type of players.' she thought, looking back at the court. 'I wonder how far will our team go?'