Prologue - The Prophecy

"Four new apprentices will face the coldest weathers that the atmosphere has to offer," the starry silhouette meowed. "They will meet an innocent-looking cat who will lead them to their almighty deaths. Only one will survive to tell the tale!" it warned, its voice gradually getting louder. "These cats are Snowpaw, Blizzardpaw, Hailpaw and Frostpaw!"

"No! I can't send those apprentices out!" A golden-brown tom awoke quickly. He arose from his nest and lead himself towards the leader, Russetstar. "Russetstar? Russetstar!" he called. A dark ginger tom emerged from the entrance of the cave below Meadow-Rock. "Oh, what is it, Reedripple?" he meowed. The huge tom shook his black and ginger pelt. Reedripple stared at Russetstar in awe before flicking an ear. "Oh, well, I just received a prophecy," the medicine cat explained. "Four new apprentices will face the coldest weathers that the atmosphere has to offer, they will meet an innocent-looking cat who will lead them to their almighty deaths. Only one will survive to tell the tale! These cats are Snowpaw, Blizzardpaw, Hailpaw and Frostpaw!" Reedripple quoted dramatically. Russetstar nodded, his amber eyes flickering with concern. "I'll get the apprentices ready for their journey."