Flesh and Stone - Two

Start from the beginning

"Doctor, Stone, we have to move," Octavian ordered them.

"The CyberKing. A giant Cyberman walks over all of Victorian London and no one remembers." The Doctor frowned.

"We have to move it. The Angels could be here any second." Octavian warned.

"Never mind the Angels." The Doctor said waving him off. "There's worse here than Angels."

The lights then flickered off then on, the Time Lords spun around their eyes widening at the sight of an angel with its arm around Octavian's neck. "I beg to differ, sir."

"Let him go." The Doctor ordered.

"Well, it can't let me go, sir, can it?" Octavian said his brow forming a line of sweat. "Not while you're looking at it."

"We can't stop looking at it, it'll kill you." The Stone whispered.

"It's going to kill me anyway." He replied. "Think it through. There's no way out of this. You both have to leave me."

"Can't you wriggle out?" The Doctor asked.

"No, it's too tight. You have to leave me, sir, ma'am." Octavian replied. "There's nothing you can do."

"There must be something." The Doctor murmured in thought.

"Sir, there's nothing you can do." Octavian firmly told him.

"You're dead if we leave you." The Stone said.

"Yes." He nodded. "Yes, I'm dead. And before you go-"

"We're not going." The Stone firmly cut in.

"Listen to me, it's important." Octavian sharply replied. "You can't trust her."

"Trust who?" The Time Lady frowned.

"River Song." The Stones eyes widened, she had her thoughts especially when the woman changed the subject from Stormcage to what the Doctor was doing. "You think you know her, but you don't. You don't understand who or what she is."

"Then tell us." The Time Lady shakily replied the Doctor taking her hand in comfort. She trusted River without question, it was only natural given that she too had foreknowledge at one point and knew just how hard it was to keep secrets.

"I've told you more than I should." He replied. "Now please, you have to go. It's your duty to your friends."

"Just tell me..." the Stone said before swallowing her voice becoming soft and less harsh as the Doctor gently squeezed her hand. "Why she was in Stormcage?"

"She killed a woman and then a man. Good people. Heroes to many."

"Who?" The Stone whispered.

"You don't want to know, ma'am. You really don't." Octavian looked at them a look of plead in his eyes.

"Who did she kill?" The Doctor questioned.

"Sir, the Angels are coming. You have to leave me."

"You'll die." The Doctor protested again.

"I will die in the knowledge that my courage did not desert me at the end. For that, I thank God, and bless the path that takes you to safety."

"I wish I'd known you better." The Stone thickly swallowed.

"I think, ma'am, you know me at my best."

"Ready?" The Doctor asked tightening his grip on the Stones' hand.

"Content," Octavian replied. The Time Lords darted and dived through the hatch the Stone wincing at the sickening crunch behind them as the Doctor slammed the hatch shut.