Radha's Birth

Vrishbanu and Kamalavati residing in Vrindavan- a village blessed with rich beauty of nature, longed for a child. They were filled with the sorrow of not bearing a child.

One day, Vrishbanu went to the banks of river Yamuna and spotted a huge lotus enclosed like it was protecting something precious inside it. When he approached the lotus, it began to open. A bright light was emancipating from it. Inside the lotus he found a girl with beautiful lotus petal-like closed eyes, pink soft lips, brown silk hair and small delicate legs and hands. She had a divine aura around her , every feature of hers seemed perfect, she seemed like Goddess Laxmi herself has come down  to earth.

Vrishbanu took her as a blessing from the Goddess herself. Seeing her husband carrying a beautiful daughter, Kamalavati's eyes were filled with tears of joy.

As the days passed by, the girl didn't open her eyes not even once. The parents were concerned and worried for their child. They tried every way possible for their girl to open her beautiful eyes.

On the 11th day, Yashoda and Nand Maharaja with their son Krishna from Gokul came to Vrindavan for the naming ceremony of Vrishbanu's daughter. Their son was as captivating as their daughter herself. They looked like a match made in heaven.

Krishna crawled towards the cradle in which she was sleeping and slowly touched her hand. This was the magical moment when she opened her eyes for the first time.

It was the bond of many births. For the first time ever two souls who were the part of each other were meeting in this earth. Vrindavan was blessed to witness a union like no other. Those two hearts that beat for each other were getting the touch of love which was beyond the passion undescribable. When Krishna touched Radha radha immediately identified the lord of her heart. She smiled and opened her eyes for seeing her Lord in front of her eyes.

The eyes that were craving to witness her Lord now opened with satisfaction that only the name of Krishna could bring in Radha.

Everyone was overly joyed at the occasion. Nand Maharaja exclaimed," Seems like your daughter was waiting for my son to come as she wished to see him first before opening herself to the world".Vrishbanu said ," Your son is definately divine what no one could do he did I'll always be grateful to you and your son". Sage came near and said,"Her name will be Radha - the one who is beloved by everyone".

But the two love birds were content in their union. They paid no heed towards the commotion going on between their families. For Krishna had found his other half with whom he was going to show the world the power of love and devotion. For he has met Radha the one who was always going to have his heart and soul no matter what....

Thus the love story of Radha and Krishna began....

A love story of love and sacrifice that was going to show the world how love and devotion can lead to almighty. Radha showed the world how with the power of love Krishna can be found and that's why till today radha is termed as the soul or atma of Lord Krishna...

With the following shlok in heart let's bow to the divine couple:-

Adyashakti swaroopayah
Param ahlad karinim
Tamashklishtam ubhoroopam
Radha krishnam namayaham

Which means:-

Radha is swayam prakriti and she is the potency and cause of pleasure of Krishna and all his devotees.
Her name burns the darkness of desires from heart of devotees...thus we bow to the dual yet non dual swaroop of Krishna and Radha.....

---------------------------------------------------------

By jayakkanha and AlexJackson712