Arrival at Gondor

Start from the beginning

"More convalescent I would say," said the king and Hermione noticed how his voice began to break because of the delicate situation of his son.

Hermione decided to wait for Denethor to speak again, and once he was back on his feet, he ordered to tell him about her trip from Rivendel. The girl was surprised that the man knew about the fellowship's journey and decided to tell him everything, including the coming of Aragorn.

"The best thing would be not to lie," she thought and was right, as the seneschal knew of the presence of his friend.

"And then Mithrandir, he intends to bring this mountaineer by the name of Aragorn before my presence, will it be possible for him to reclaim his claim to the throne? A right that due to time no longer belongs to him."

"If it doesn't belong to him, why the hell don't you sit upstairs?" Hermione thought.

"My lord, politics does not concern me, I can only tell you that the man named Aragorn already guided the ring bearer to Rivendel, so I suppose that he continued the journey with the fellowship because of the friendship that was born towards the ring bearer."

Hermione was very nervous, she was risking a lot of things with the information she gave to Denethor, the security of Frodo and Aragorn, the success of the mission, but somehow Denethor already knew all this. The only thing she didn't know was how Boromir got to the capital of Osgiliath.

The seneschal was pleased with the witch's report and thanked her for the help given to his son. Hermione asked Denethor for permission to go to the healing houses and he ordered one of the guards to take her there.

The healing houses were large and pleasant places, and Hermione was able to visit Boromir, who was unconscious from the fever. The women in charge of the place did everything they could, but the condition of the man did not improve.

"How I would have liked to learn healing magic, but at school they didn't teach it either," Hermione thought. "Here they can only treat fractures or superficial wounds, it's a good thing Boromir has no internal bleeding or other fate he could have, I hate the Middle Ages."

.

.

Hermione went to Osgiliath and met Faramir's lieutenant, the captain informed her that his master would soon arrive and asked Hermione to help as much as possible. The witch carried out the enchantments she did with Rohan's men and prepared to attack the orcs, however, the city was chaotic and Hermione could not do much, so she decided that she would help better in Minas Tirith and decided to return to that place. Fate imposed that when the witch left Osgiliath, Faramir along with Frodo, Sam and Gollum arrived in this city.

.

.

In MinasTirith, Hermione began to perform the usual enchantments. At first the soldiers were reluctant to accept Hermione's helmets, but the archers convinced them of their usefulness. Then the witch turned to the walls and was surprised to see that they did not have the classic medieval defenses of cast leaded cauldrons that were so often seen in movies and books.

"We don't have as much lead, or huge boilers to contain lead," one captain told the girl.

"That doesn't matter, the first thing I want you to do is to bring the thickest normal boilers and all the lead and oil you can get together."

The men brought him all the things she asked for and with the spell Engorgio increased the size of the cauldrons and had them placed and secured on the walls at all levels of the fortress and placed only a few small pieces of lead or small amounts of oil. Hermione's plan was to use the Refill spell to increase the amounts of molten lead or boiling oil in the boilers.