Chapter 36

"I can't believe it" I said as Sam remained silent while looking at me with his piercing green eyes. He had rolled up his hoodie's sleeves and he was wearing black ripped jeans and a snapback cap and I gotta admit, he looked hot.

"It's not my fault. You faked it all, you lied"

He got up from the bed and came closer to me. His face was only a few centimeters away from mine and I could feel his fresh breath against my face.

"But why did you left Thorn and Aiden there. That was all my idea"

Mr. McGrumpy placed his hand on my right cheek looking at me right i the eye while smiling at me softly "Why in the world would I do that?" 

"Why wouldn't you. Faking the damn relationship was all my idea"

He shook his head smiling "Maid, I know. Aiden and Thorn are going to be okay. I'm gonna pay how much I need to and then they'll get out"

"People do really admire you here don't they?" I asked as he nod his head while grabbing my head and dragging me out of the room with me having no idea where we were going.

"Isn't it to late?"

Mr. McGrumpy continued to walk not even bothering to face me.

"It's only 9:30pm, how is it late?"

I didn't said  word after that. At least I hope Gaylord knows where we are going. I don't want to get lost in the middle of the night.

After walking for some minutes we arrived on a place that you could rent bicycles. Sam took one and sat down as I sat behind him. Wow he loves riding bikes, doesn't he?

He rode the bike with me behind him for half an hour or something before we arrived at a cliff. It was a breathtaking view. I turned around to face Sam.

He was rubbing his temples while groaning a little as I furrowed my eyebrows and started to get concerned "Sam, everything okay?"

"I'm okay" He said smiling at me and then came closer.

Sam sat on the ground looking at the awesome view in front of us. Looking at him in concern I sat next to him looking at the sea which reflected the stars and the moon on it's clear water and I could hear the waves crashing on the cliff we were sitting.

"Why did you brought me here?" I asked facing Sam to see that he was already looking at me.

"I don't know, it's just cool here"

I slowly nod not getting my eyes of Mr. McGrumpy.

We stared at each other for a couple of minutes without saying anything. His cold green eyes were softer now and he was smiling.

I don't know how or why, but Sam has changed since the first day we met.

First of all he is not wearing a suit now and he smiles more. That smile though, by looking at that smile I swear I couldn't leave this dude even if I wanted to, which I really want sometimes.

His piercing green eyes weren't as cold as before. They were softer now and he looked me in a way no one has ever looked at me before.

Then he smirked getting up. Mr. McGrumpy started to get off his hoodie as I stared at him in horror.

He threw the hoodie on the ground, got off his white tank top undershirt and dived on the water as I gasped.

Is he crazy or something?!

He gor out of the water, but only the moon would light the place so the onky thing I could see was a black figure getting out of the water.

"Maid, come on jump in. The water is a big cold, but it's okay"

I started to laugh "IT'S FUDGING JANUARY SAM, WHAT THE HECK?!"

"Please, do it for me" He said as I rolled my eyes and without thinking it twice I jumped in the water.

When I hit the surface I could feel the cold water and I was freezing.

I got in the surface and now I could see Sam clearer.

His green eyes met mine and we both smiled at each other.

I was shivering, but Sam looked all fine. His wet hair were falling on his face and he was breathing heavily.

"I told you this would be fun" He said as I threw water on his face.

"How is this fun, I'm freezing"

It was silent for a moment and then I blurted out.

"Why did you brought me here when you could have come alone. You like being alone right?"

Mr. McGrumpy smiled "I like being alone sometimes, but I wanna be alone with somebody"

I didn't know what to say. Wow that's actually pretty nice and deep coming from Sam.

We started at each other as we swam closer and closer.

Our faces were only a couple of inches appart and our lips were about to touch when Sam pushed me away.

"W-we need to get Thorn and Aiden out of jail" He said laughing as I nod.

"Yeah, when you Thorn came and you said to the waitress Aiden and him were taking my away from you she went crazy"

We both started to laugh while swiming to the shore.

We got out of the water and my eyes went at Mr. McGrumpy who was shirtless.

Water was dripping and I could clearly see his biceps and his six pack.

Then he faced me as his eyes widned open "Maid, oh damn you're wet"

I furrowed my eyes looking at him in confusion "I jumped on the water, of course I'm wet"

"Your bra is showing"

Oh damn...

***

A/N- Early update yey lol. Hope you liked it. Some Sam and Nat time alone ;)

And guys, I wrote another romance story called Her soldier. I would really appriciate if you would check it out.

Love ya all

-Jay