Chapter Nine: Tamari

The man eventually left, leaving Aaron to face the night alone. He didn't know what time it was, but there was a small window with metal bars above his body on the wall. Every now and then, he would check to see if daylight would come, but the night seemed to drag on forever.

The only view he had was the big full moon up above. Watching it made him feel mad. He didn't want to be locked up. Aaron groaned, knocking his head on the wall. It made soft thumps, but they were only visible to his ears.

As Aaron watched the moon move behind a group of clouds, he heard the door creak open.

Turning his head, he didn't expect to see a girl here. What was she doing in a place like this? She looked him up and down before moving closer. There was a hard look on her face that clearly read she wasn't to be toyed with. Her brown hair had specks of highlighted blonde, and a ring was peirced through her bottom lip.

"Will you let me out?" He asked. She didn't say anything. She just stared at him. Her green eyes burned into him, her cold stare everlasting. He bowed out, fixating his gaze on the floor.

"Loner." He heard her mumble. He looked up, but she was now looking out the window. She stayed quiet, so he did too. Aaron couldn't help but notice how pretty she was, but the stern look on her face reminded him of Katy. She was pretty too, but she could also be cold and heartless.

Katy.

For some reason, his heart didn't ache for her as it did the first time he heard her name.

Anita.

The name flashed through his head so fast. It had his heart racing, he felt weird. He wanted to be with her. Why? He never liked her. Aaron frowned. He needed to be released from this Hell Hole.

"Will you please...let me out?" It was hard to think Aaron would stoop so low as to begging, especially to a girl. What was wrong with him? If the jocks at school found out about this, they would be talking about it the whole school year.

"What's your name Loner?" She asked, finally speaking. The girl had an edge to her voice. He found it somewhat attractive, but didn't want to take a risk and start flirting with her. It would ruin his chances of leaving if she wasn't interested.

"Aaron." He said, dampening his dry lips with his tongue.

She noticed, and narrowed her eyes. He quickly asked a return question before the silence could sink back in. "What's your name?"

She looked into his eyes as if she were searching for something. Aaron feared he asked too late, but her lips began moving, and the beautiful yet raspy voice came out.

"Me? I don't really have a name. People call me a lot of things, Aaron." The way she said his name made him wince.

"But that's okay. I learned to deal with it. The guy that left a few hours ago, Nathan, my ma-boyfriend, he's always tried to convince me that my name," She kept the same blunt look.

"Was Tamari."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize that it was short. Please comment, fan and vote. <3