Sitting in the car Kirk insisted I sat in the front. Really I wanted to hide in the back seat with my brother, but no.

I felt him staring at me now and again and I began to get pretty annoyed. "What?" I snapped at him "nothing... your just pretty". Ummmmm??? What. "Kirk that makes me feel uncomfortable" I said staring at him as my stomach turned. He's the same age as my dad!! What the heck!

He just glared at me. Once he stopped at my school, I jumped out of the car. Quickly
Opening the back door I hugged my brother, he goes to the elementary school just around the corner. "See you later Reina" he smiled. I smiled at him gently with tears in my eyes. What Kirk said scared me. Maybe he just meant it in a nice way. Or maybe I was right all along. Maybe he is a weirdo.

Sitting in class the day dragged in. Especially with Stacey Barber and her crowd of girls making fun of me all day.

"Alright class, get into your groups" those words I dreaded hearing Mrs Tracey, our English teacher say. Because I had been put into a group with Stacey and a few of her mean girl friends. My anxiety levels rose sky high.

Trailing my seat over to they're table, I took my books out of my book bag. 'It'll be ok. They won't say anything if your quiet' I told myself as I put my books on the table and flicked the pages to our last days work.

I saw one of the girls whisper something into Stacey's ear, causing her to look over at me and laugh. I just let it slip and kept my mouth shut but inside I was scared. I hated these girls. Even worse they all hated me.

"So Reina... heard your daddy was nominated for a Grammy" Stacey said smugly. Dad was nominated for his new album, but he didn't win. He didn't care though. Dads like that. He just moves on to next things so quickly that he doesn't even have time to process the success of the old stuff.

"Yeah" I said shyly. "He lost though, the album musta been shit" she told me. Just trying to hurt my feelings again I see. I just stared blankly at her. "I liked it. It was good" "you liked it cuz it was your dads. Nobody else liked it" she told me witch hurt my feelings.

"Why does he still make music Reina? I mean you are gonna have to break it to him one day. His music sucks. That shit was cool in the 80s. Not now" she said as the other girls giggled.

"I like your moms music though. She's actually good. But you do know she's only with your dad for publicity, your dads probably only with her for publicity too cuz everybody already knows he's gay as hell, I mean my mom even told me so" "your mom doesn't know shit about my momma so shut the fuck up stacey, you jealous piece of shit! What the fuck is your problem, I've been nothing but nice to you!" I yelled in anger.

It just got too much. She went too far and I couldn't take it. My family mean so much to me. Those things she was saying were heartbreaking to me.

"Reina Nelson! You should be ashamed of yourself! Report to the principals office this instant!" Mrs Tracey screamed with fury in her eyes as the tears welled up in mine.

Of course they just HAD to call my dad. Why!? Cuz I'm being bullied!? Ugh. I couldn't tell them that. They wouldn't believe me.

I sat outside the principals office with my head down waiting for daddy to come pick me up. When I heard the sound of heels walk down the corridor, anxiety immediately rushed through my veins. I felt the figure stop right in front of me as I looked down at my hands.

"Look at me" I heard my fathers deep voice demand. I stared up at him, his hazel eyes, identical to mine stared into the matching pair with anger. "Let's go" he said walking ahead of me. I sighed as I grabbed my backpack and hurried after him.