𝟶𝟹| 𝐈'𝐦 𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭

Start from the beginning

Casey crouched down, arms wrapping around herself as you flipped the switch, the darkness enveloping Steve once again.

"Here's how we play," The caller started, and you moved down beside Casey so she could hear better. "I ask a question, if you get it right, Steve lives."

"You motherfucker—" You spat angrily into the phone. More tears shed as you felt cheated by the caller.

"Don't cry. I'll even take it easy on you. Horror movie trivia," The sensuous tone that rolled off his tongue made you shudder. What scared you the most was the fact that he could see you, but you were unable to see him.

"Okay." You said, barely audible. You didn't want to agree, but you had to. For Steve's sake.

"Name the killer in the movie Halloween."

"That's not a question." You said, though you knew the answer, you couldn't help but remark on his lack of etiquette.

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞." You heard the caller's deep chuckle. "𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞."

"Michael Myers!" You blurted out the second he reminded you what's at stake. "The killer is Michael Myers."

"Yes! Very good." The caller praised, and you heaved a shaky sigh. "Now, blondie's turn."

Casey looked at you with her panicked gaze, shaking her head fervently. "I can't." She whispered.

"You have to," You whispered back, grabbing her hand and squeezing it gently. You huddled close to her in hopes of bringing some comfort as you extended the phone towards her. "Please. For Steve."

She looked mentally exhausted, blinking the tears from her glossy eyes as she hesitantly took the phone.

"Name the killer in Friday the 13th," The caller said, condemning Casey to this horrible game. When you thought about it yourself, Jason instantly came to mind. However, that seemed too easy like a trick question.

"Jason!" Casey exclaimed, hopping up from her crouched position. You mirrored her movement as she seemed confident in her response. She must be right.

"I'm sorry. That's the wrong answer." The caller mocked, feigning pity on the girl. Her brows furrowed in response.

"No, it's not! I saw that movie twenty goddamn times! It's Jason." Casey gripped the phone tighter as she moved closer to the patio door.

"Then you should know Jason's mother, Mrs. Voorhees, was the original killer! Jason didn't show up until the sequel." The caller snapped.

"You tricked me." She whimpered.

"Lucky for you, there's a bonus round. But poor Steve... I'm afraid he's out!"

Your blood ran cold at the caller's declaration. Impulsively, you scrambled for the patio light, switching it back on. You heard Casey's shrieky gasp as you darted back to the door only to let out your own horrified noise as you saw your brother's insides on his outside. His body covered in guts and blood.

"No! No, Steve!" You cried out, clutching the glass. You watched as his body shook from the inscrutable pain he had endured. He released an agonizing groan before his body completely stilled, eyes shutting as he fell limp.

Casey's own cries for Steve echoed yours as she dropped the phone to the floor. You turned away from the unbearable scene, biting back your sobs as you looked towards your hysterical friend.

You heard a sinister laugh coming from the phone as your body shook with fear.

"Hey, we're not finished yet." The caller deadpanned.

Casey was nowhere near in the right state of mind to continue with his little game. You decided to take the burden, bending down to pick up the phone. You bit your lip, swallowing the painful lump in your throat.

"Final question. Are you ready?"

"Why are you doing this? Just leave us alone." You whispered, begging for mercy.

"Answer the question and I will," There was no emotion in his voice, and you remained silent as you waited for him ask.

"What door am I at?"

That's not fair. How could you possibly know?

"I don't know," You shook your head, wiping your tears away. "Please. Don't do this to us."

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥. 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫..." The caller left you in a suspenseful pause, and you began to assume the worst.

Before you had time to fully register his words, you saw an object being hurled straight at the patio door, shattering the glass.