Chapter Ten: Only the Beginning

Start from the beginning

"How did I get in all this?" Katherine asked herself and as if on cue, Imhotep appeared in front of her "Speak of the devil" she muttered to herself

Imhotep smirked at her "Does the gown please you?" he asked her.

"I've worn better" Katherine snapped at him with a growl "Why am I dressed up like this?"

"My bride must look her best for her wedding" Imhotep chuckled darkly at her angry glare.

"My brother is going to kill you" Katherine growled at him "I can guarantee it"

Imhotep just smirked "We shall see about that, princess" he ran his hand along the side of her face and Katherine just turned away from him.

"You keep your filthy hands off me!" Katherine snapped at him.

"For the moment I will" Imhotep pulled back "But once the ritual is complete, I will not be able to keep my hands off you"

"And what makes you think I'll let you get away with it?" Katherine demanded angrily.

"You do not have a choice in the matter!" Imhotep told her "I will get my heir even if I have to force myself on to you. If you resist me, I will kill your precious Medjai and I will make you watch"

Katherine gasped "No, you leave him alone or I swear you'll pay"

Imhotep just smirked at her "You are in no position to threaten me, Nefera" he then walked away, leaving Katherine alone with her thoughts.

'Ardeth, Rick. Where ever you guys are, please get here and get here fast!' Katherine thought to herself as a stray tear trickled down the side of her face.

That's when Katherine notices Evy stirring awake, only to find a large rat scurrying across her stomach. Not knowing that Katherine was next to her, Evy moved to the side knocking the rat off her and onto Katherine's stomach.

"Kathy!" Evy shouted in surprise when she saw her friend chained up next to her "You look... different"

"Glad you noticed" Katherine said in disgust as she tossed the rat onto Anck-Su-Namun's corpse next to her "Though, it wasn't of my own accord"

"What do you mean?" Evy asked her.

"Our mummy friend had dressed me up in this" Katherine groaned as she moved her head back.

"Oh..." Evy said in understanding and shivered at the thought of him stripping and dressing Katherine up without her knowledge.

A croaking sound is heard and Katherine and Evy see about a dozen or so corpses forming a circle around the stone slabs Katherine and Evy are on. Imhotep then approaches, carrying the Black Book of The Dead. He then takes the key out of his robes and opens the Book of The Dead before placing the key back inside his robes.