Chapter Two: The Journey Begins

Edited: February 27, 2022 

Katherine was meeting Evy and Jonathan at the docks while her brother was going to meet her there. Today, Katherine was wearing a red short sleeve ankle length dress, quarter length black gloves, black high heel shoes and a small black umbrella to protect her from the sun. She had her dark brown hair in a side ponytail. She was holding her bag in her freehand as she was keeping a lookout for Evy and Jonathan.

She then caught sight of the British siblings and smiled brightly "Evy! Jonathan!" she called to them as they both looked up and smiled at her while Jonathan waved at her

She then caught sight of the British siblings and smiled brightly "Evy! Jonathan!" she called to them as they both looked up and smiled at her while Jonathan waved at her. She then walked towards them as they stopped for a rest.

"Good morning, Katherine" Evy said when she approached them.

"Good morning, Evy. But please, call me Kathy" Katherine told her with a smile.

"You look beautiful today, love" Jonathan told her as he shook her hand.

"Thank you, Jonathan" Katherine told him.

"So, do you really think he's going to show up?" Evy asked Jonathan.

"Undoubtedly, knowing my luck" Jonathan answered "He maybe a cowboy, but I know the breed; his word is his word" That's when Katherine noticed her brother approaching them.

"Well, personally I think he's filthy, rude" Evy began as Rick approached.

"Uh, Evy" Katherine said, trying to tell Evy that her brother is coming, but she didn't hear her.

"A complete scoundrel, I don't like him one bit" Evy continued.

"Evy!" Katherine said once again, but it was too late.

"Anyone I know?" Rick asked as he stood behind Evy and Jonathan. Evy was incomplete and utter shock at how he looked now. He had cleaned up quite well. He had shaved, gotten a haircut and dressed in cleaner clothes.

Evy had felt embarrassed that he had heard what she said about him "Oh, um...hello" it was a pretty awkward moment and Katherine had tried to prevent that.

"I tried to warn her" Katherine said to herself while shaking her head.

"Smashing day for the start of an adventure, eh, O'Connell?" Jonathan asked patting Rick on the chest while also shaking his hand.

"Yeah, yeah smashing" Rick said as he checked his jacket pocket to make sure his wallet was still there.

"Oh, no, no. I'd never steal from a partner, partner" Jonathan told him.

Rick chuckled lightly at him "That reminds me, no hard feelings about the uh..." He made a motion with his fist towards Jonathan's face.

"Oh, no, no. Happens all the time" Jonathan reassured him with a wave of his hand. Even though Katherine hadn't known Jonathan very long, she knew that that was probably very true.