Chapter 6

After the curtain call, Dea sat on the dim corner of the backstage. Dancers congratulated her for finishing the final leg but she knew they were faking it. Of all the shows she could have tripped and caused a scandal, why now?

                She cried in silence.

                If not for the male lead dancer who had a quick mind to alter some steps to make her tripping unnoticeable, she could’ve ruined the whole show. What was more heart breaking was she was seen by several of the international directors who watched the final leg making one of the rare mistakes she’d ever committed in her entire career. Her dream of becoming internationally recognized just shattered.

                Dea felt someone pat her back. It was familiar that instead of making her calm made her rage with fury. “How dare you show your face to me?” she shouted.

                She saw the shocked faces of the people nearby; she didn’t care.

                Cassiel helped in killing Gabriel. Dea saw him putting curses on her husband with his eyes focus on Gabriel.

                “Andrea, what are you talk—“

                “What am I talking about!” She stood and pointed a finger to Cassiel. “You were there. You helped Talitha.” Her eyes started to stream water nonstop.

                Dea dropped to her knees and covered her face with her hands. In spite of the noise she created from sobbing, she could exactly hear the murmurings of her co-ballet dancers.

                “Maybe it’s because she tripped.”

                “She’s not used to making mistakes. Maybe, her injury’s coming back.”

                It was true. Before she tripped, she remembered the pain that struck her right foot yet she chose to ignore it. There was no way but to continue dancing since she was in the climax of the story. The pain was more excruciating than before. Had she overdone pointe works which made her foot give up? But she had to train to dance flawlessly.

                “It’s not what you think. I tried to help him breathe but your friend was so strong, and the soup you made helped her a lot,” Cassiel said in a low voice.

                Yes, she’d made that soup but could it effect on Gabriel that fast? No. It was impossible. She didn’t kill her husband; Talitha did.

                “No. No, you’re lying!” She shook her head and covered her ears.

                “Dea? Dea,” a voice called.

                Of all the people gossiping and surrounding her right now, Dylan was the only one who had the courage to go near her. “Are you okay?” She looked up to see the concern in his eyes.