"I didn't tell you before but...you look really pretty....I mean you always.....but now in a......."

He got lost mid-way and so did his point of the mini speech he provided which had sense at the beginning but at the end not so much.

"Th-thanks."

She managed to mutter, as she climbed the final step. Just as they were making their way in, a familiar voice stopped them.

"There you are gi-oh my God."

Alya, and Nino were right behind her.

"Hey, Alya....and uhm...hi...Nino."

Marinette put a strain of her hair behind her ear, and blushed again.

"You look so pretty girl....No dress will match this perfection tonig-"

Alya wasn't even finished, when she got pushed out of the way by Chloe.

"Really, this is your dress Marinette? I honestly thought you had that designer skill nailed ages ago. Guess not....But Adrikins on the other hand....that suit was made to match my dress, don't you think?"

Adrien was annoyed to no end. He just rolled his eyes, and took Chloe's hands off of him.

"Nice to see you too Chloe. Let's all go in now, shall we?"

They all entered the facility and went towards the gym where the dance was taking place. It was so well decorated that it was barely recognizable, there were two sets of tables with different food and drinks and there was space for dancing and music was playing and there was a small stage, apparently for the end ceremony where they announce who wore it best, and give them crowns as king and queen of the dance.

When they entered, they saw an info poster which also mentioned a best dancers prize, for those whose feet bring the best groove on the dance floor that night.

The four friends were at one end, and Chloe and Sabrina were enviously gossiping on the other end.

"She thinks she has the best dress...Just you wait Marinette...just you wait..."

Meanwhile, Nino was sharing a newly found joke he read the night before the dance.

"It's really funny....Isn't it?"

He asked the others who just awkwardly looked at each other, not really knowing how to react.

"I guess.....Hey why don't we try these?"

Alya took a cup and poured herself some from the drink left on the table. As she took a sip, Adrien asked something that almost made her choke with it.

"Hey, who do you think headmaster Damocles is coming with?"

She coughed, and Marinette tapped her back to make sure she wouldn't choke.

"Are you alright there?"

Adrien asked, seeing something was wrong with Alya.

"What a scoop that would be....you're a genius Adrien!"

She pecked his cheek and grabbed her phone.

"What did I do?"

He stood there clueless, with a mild smile on his face. Just then the music slowed down and Adrien took Marinette's hand.

"Wha-?"

She was confused for a second, but then she tightened her grip.

"Well, it's a party isn't it?"