His phone went off beside him and he picked it up. It was Hayden.

Hayden: Hey Jeff wanna go get some coffee?

Jeff: yeah sure at the Lima Bean?

Hayden: yeah and Jazz is coming too if that's okay.

Jeff: yeah that's fine I'm on my way now.

Hayden: okay see you soon.

Just as Jeff was about to toss his phone into the passenger seat his phone went off again. He started driving so that he wouldn't be late and once he was on the road he picked up his phone.

Nick: Jeff I'm so sorry! I forgot about it completely babe. It's not even that bad.

Jeff: Yes it is.

Nick: No it's not Jeff! You are perfect! I love you no matter what and those scars aren't going to change anything.

Jeff: Its not just the scars.

Nick: Then what is it Jeff? You can tell me anything.

Jeff put his phone down in his lap so he could watch the road. He waited to answer Nick's text until he stopped driving. As Jeff pulled up into the parking lot 15 minutes later he picked his phone up again.

Nick: Jeff please.

Nick: ???

Nick: Jeff please answer. Just tell me what's wrong!

Jeff: Sorry I was driving.

Nick: That's okay now tell me what else is bothering you!

Jeff hesitated again.

Nick: NOW

Jeff: Its how skinny I am!

Jeff turned his phone off and tucked it in his back pocket before walking into the coffee shop. He instantly saw Jasper and Hayden sitting down sipping on their drinks. Jasper nodded in Jeff's direction and smiled as Hayden turned around and got up to greet Jeff.

"Excited for summer?" Hayden beamed. Jeff nodded and took a seat across from Jasper. "Any plans?" Hayden asked.

Jeff thought for a moment before saying, "I'll probably just hang out with Nick and avoid my family." Jeff rolled his eyes as he thought about what it would be like back at home.

"Do your parents fight?" Jasper asked.

"My parents split a few years ago. It's my moms boyfriend. He doesn't like the fact that I'm gay so he gets drunk when my moms not home and takes out all his anger on me because I'm a worthless piece of shit that doesn't deserve to live." Jeff quoted the last part from the last time that Jeff was home. He honestly couldn't care less about the words that were shouted at him as he would get punched and kicked repeatedly. Jeff never fought back. He just sat there and endured all the pain that he knew he didn't deserve.

"That's awful Jeff." Hayden took Jeff's hand and squeezed it reassuringly. Jeff looked up into Hayden's big brown eyes and then across the table to find Jasper's grey eyes. They were filled with so much sadness that it hurt to even look at the blonde boy. Jasper quickly looked down when he noticed Jeff looking at him. "I need to go to the bathroom." He mumbled before scrambling out of his seat and making his way to the washroom.

"What's up with him?" Jeff asked as soon as Jasper turned the corner.

"He deals with the same thing at home. Except Jazzie's parents aren't split and it's his real dad that hurts him. His moms no better. I've tried getting help for Jasper. It's only been happening for a year and a half, which was when he came out to his parents. After Jasper's done school in a few weeks he's coming to live with me." Hayden explained sadly. It was obvious that Hayden wanted to do something but didn't want Jasper to push him away.