1- Dresses

Louis was upstairs attempting to get his bowtie to look right. It always seemed a bit off no matter how much he kept trying to correct it. His frustration was easily shown with the furrowed eyebrows and frown on his lips, and of course, his husband noticed. 

"Baby, let me fix it for you."

Harry came through the doorway to their shared bedroom. The floor-length mirror that showed in the corner reflected the change of Louis's frown to a small smile. 

"I don't know why I can never get these things right," Louis complained as he turned to face Harry. Harry smiled back as he reached up to adjust Louis's bowtie. It only took Harry a couple seconds before it looked perfect. 

"You do know that I'll always fix your ties." Harry's reply was followed by a kiss. "I do wear a suit nearly every day. I've gotten pretty good at dressing up."

Louis rolled his eyes. "You look good in anything."

Harry pulled Louis closer. Harry's hands on Louis's lower back slipped down. Harry leaned down for a kiss, but they were interrupted by the sound of a loud crash coming from downstairs. Louis's raised his eyebrow. Both were confused by the sound, but they silently agreed to check it out. They were not too surprised when they walked into their kitchen to see their daughter sitting on the counter. She looks incredibly guilty, but both parents notice the bag of marshmallows in her hand. The smashed plate on the floor would be the source of the loud sound from earlier. 

"Olivia Rose Styles, what's with this broken plate?" Harry asked her. He squatted down to pick up the broken pieces. The pieces are large enough that no vacuuming is needed to get small pieces that were missed. 

"You always tell me to eat on a plate, and it slipped," Olivia replied with an attempt to sound innocent. 

"And why are you eating all of those marshmallows?" Louis followed up. "You just had lunch, and there will be food at the wedding."

Olivia looked at Louis will a completely straight face. "You underestimate how much food I can consume."

At that, Olivia stuffed a mouthful of marshmallows into her mouth. Louis had to hold himself back from laughing. He didn't want to encourage the behavior of mass consumption of sugar, but he always found his daughter's humor to be somewhat of a hilarity. 

"Well, no matter how many marshmallows you can shove into your mouth at once, you are eating your vegetables at dinner. Okay?" Louis added on. He tended to be the one to step forward and be a bit more forceful with Olivia when necessary. Both parents nearly never yelled at her. 

They did get into a big fight one time after their adoption of Olivia, and Louis can remember like it was yesterday how scared Olivia got. Harry had to calm her down from a panic attack. They talked about it after the fact, and Olivia opened up about abusive behavior from kids in the foster home. From that point on, both parents avoided yelling as best they could. They prioritized the safety of their child above their possible need to let out anger. 

"I won't eat all of them if there are those leafy clumps of crap," Olivia replied with her normal sass after she swallowed all of those marshmallows. She's a sweet kid, but her comfortability with her new family let her come out of her shell. That involved, sadly for Louis and Harry, a lot of sass. 

"Language!" Louis exclaimed as he walked over to Olivia and took the marshmallow bag away from her. Louis raised his eyebrow at her, and she finally dropped her sass down a notch. 

"They're called brussel sprouts, not leafy clumps of crap," Harry reminded Olivia after he dumped the pieces of the broken plate into the trash can.