Chapter 1: Problem 89

May 2, 2014

"Could of been a lot worst," Seb wheezed as he tossed down mound of salt in front of the class room door. The school was on lock down, a student had reported someone strange, with pure yellow eyes, that she had never seen before, nor had the teachers, they called for a lock down 'drill'. I let out a sigh, my breath shown cold in the low light, a cold spot. It was only Sebastian and I, Ben, Morgan, Evelyn and Harvey were in different classes.

A blond girl in the corner said it a harsh whisper, "What are you trying to do-" Ever one sent her to silence, this was a lock down. As Seb finished salting the door, he moved on to the windows, just for safe keeping. I looked back at him then bending down to peek through the blinds on the door window, the lights were on, and flickering.

"Seb," I muttered, "There's something but I don't know what."

"A spirit? No, a demon. Someone's walking these halls and they..." Seb frozen, his face growing the color of chalk.

"Damn straight for the living." I locked my eyes on the window, I shivered and stood up straight. Twisting my head I looked at my class mates then at Sebastian. "You know what, I need to take a step out side," I bent over to pick up my bag where an angel blade was hidden, I pulled it out and glanced over at Seb.

Seb put down the salt on a desk, "Woah, Where'd ya get that?"

"Alduin," I muttered, "She said it belonged to Gabriel, maybe he's here to find it..." My voice trail as I clicked opened the door. I carefully stepped over the salt line and stood out side. I closed the door and was now isolated in the quiet halls, I twisted my head to both sides, no one in sight. I took a step or two further; I gripped the blade tight, lets see if this can kill demons.

"Cassidy." I jumped almost a foot in the air, I spun around swiftly to see Alduin. She was a bloody mess, beaten to a pulp. "I apologize for my appearance, have you any idea how powerful this demon is?" Alduin hissed.

I was stunned, "You... You found it?"

"Cas, you cannot go after this-" I can't go after this?

I stood there with my month in a crooked open smile, "What? What makes you say that?" My voice came out as a growl, harsh and gravely-

Suddenly we both were slammed into the lockers, the people in the classroom behind the wall screamed. For sure, we had summoned the demon. I was pinned hard on the lockers, my head hung over, pain spiraling through my body and blood curling over my lip. Alduin, however, dropped down from the lockers, she was no longer bloody.

"My, my, Alduin," the demon smiled ear to ear, "Where's your brothers? Not here to back you up?"

An angel blade slid down from Alduin's sleeve into her hand. The over angel blade was at the demon's feet, she reached down and scooped it up. And with a flap of her wings, Alduin was gone and behind the demon. She put her into a headlock, placing the holy blade at her neck. The demon's laugh filled the quiet halls. "What's so funny?" Alduin's eyes widened as she gasped. A symbol was painted in blood on the wall, other demon placed his hand on it and with a flash of white light Alduin was gone. I am screwed... Hold that thought.

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio..." I muttered the latin, thank you Mrs. Teller (my latin teacher)!

The demon shrieked, "What? Your only 16, how are you doing this?!" They dropped to the floor, I did to, but the catch was, they wouldn't die.

I continued to exercise the demons, "Omnis congregatio et secta diabolica... Ergo, draco maledicte et omnis legio diabolica, adjuramus te ... cessa decipere humanas creaturas, eisque æternæ perditionìs venenum-" I wrapped my hands around my neck, I couldn't speak, I could breath.

In my presents was two demons and two angels. Alduin and Gabriel. I fell to the floor my lips quivering, I looked up, and with a spark of orange light the female demon died, following her was the other demon. They both dropped to the floor. Then I found my self choking on my voice, Gabriel fled and Alduin stood above me. "Believe me Cas," Alduin muttered as she bent down next to me, "This is the Game, and it will never end."

With a flap of her wing, she was gone.

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

I kicked the salt as I stepped into the class room where Seb and I were. My nose was still bleeding, and dry blood crusted around my nostril. My body ached with every step I took, Seb ran over to me and held on tight. "Seb," I sighed. "Alduin... She says that the game will never end..." I was panting in fear, or was it just that I had literally lost my voice. Sebastian didn't speak, he held on to my shoulder as he guided me out of the room. Blood was everywhere, on the lockers, on the wall from the symbol, Alduin's blood included.

Seb took me down the flight of stairs and out the door of the school. Their were police cars, and an ambulance, the police rushed over and took me away from Seb, I looked over to my shoulder as they sat me down the the back of the ambulance, giving me a shock blanket. Sebastian came running over to talk to me but I keep silent.

I had lost the angel blade.

I had lost contact with Aludin.

I might as well be screwed...

I will never trust again.

"'This is The Game, and it will never end'" Alduin's words echoed through my head.

What have we done to begin with?