Auditions {bella}

I am bulletproof nothing to loose, fire away fire away

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

~ Titanium by David Guetta Feat. Sia

I wait in the large theatre anxiously. Many boys and girls are waiting for this opportunity to get into Chance. I fiddle with the beaded bracelet mum gave to me.

"Is Bella Williams here?" Asks the blonde girl who called everyone. I say yes.

~ 20 minutes later ~

This is my time to shine.

Along with 4 other kids, I follow her to a room full of costumes. On the wall there is a candy floss pink wallpaper. It is the wallpaper in my younger sister, Angelina's room. Amelia, Sarah, Dylan and Avery all stand with me.

"So, you unicycle?" Remarks Avery as we change.

"Yeah." I sigh.

"Thats an...interesting talent." Avery smirks. Sarah looks at me and smiles a little.

"Guys? Are you ready?" Asks Lucy.

"Yes." We all say before sitting down.

Breathe Bella breathe, you have done this before. In front of 405 kids at school. But inside of me, I feel insulted by Avery's remark. I mean, people always say, "Fabulous talent!" or "Teach me please!" but 'That's an....interesting talent.' Hit me in the gut. It just feels...

Different.

I walk to the stage. Following my advice, I breathe. Titanium comes on. I suddenly feel a boost of confidence. My shirt changes colours, the tiny layer of LED lights under the light shirt warm on my skin. The shirt shifts, blue, white, pink, brown. You shoot me down, but I won't fall. Lucy passes me my unicycle. It nearly slams my feet. Is she trying to hurt me? Embarrass me? I don't know.

I have precisely 2 minutes left before ending my performance. To prove to the judges I can do this. To prove to Europe that I will get in to Chance. To prove to the world that I can do this. I stand on my unicycle. I begin doing a handstand. I don't expect Avery to be amused. I do a flip and do three more flips to land back on my unicycle. "I am Titanium!" Sia finishes. The music stops.

A round of applause comes across the audience. I run backstage, to the costume room, out of breath and my heart racing.

Sarah smiles at me. "Nice job!" She says.

"Thanks, you too!" I smile. Avery approaches me .

"Nice job unicycling. What, are you trying out for the circus?" He laughs. I smile.

"Thanks for the advice, maybe it will come in handy for you." I smirk. He stops laughing.

"I'll see you later." I say to everyone else, except Avery.

"'Bye!" Dylan calls before going onstage. I make my way to the leather couch, and sit down. I see the stage on an old tv screen.

~~~~~~

Dylan comes back stage. He smiles big at me.

"That was amazing!" I say before he sits down.

"Eh, I think I did okay. I guess." He reclines on the leather couch.

"You did great!" Dylan smiles at me.

"Thanks!" I smile back. Lucy comes backstage.

"Please make your way back to the audience. We have more people coming in." Lucy whispers.

"Sorry." Dylan replies. Lucy smiles, a closed mouth smile, and slips back. The door closes.

I stand up and dust myself, I follow Dylan into the audience before watching everyone else. Sarah looks at me. Dylan, Sarah and Avery all made fun of me for riding a unicycle.

What ever.

The audience light dims down to the next performer.

I hope I get a spot in Chance

I really hope I do.