Hajime x Reader: Stupid pt.2

"Hey bestie. Just came to tell you that (Y/n) is taking a sick day again. Woulda texted you but my phone died." Mitsuru poked his head into Hajime's office. "Speaking of phones, can I borrow your charger?"

Hajime places a folder down and opens a drawer at his desk. He pulls out a white cord and holds it out. "Thanks and take care of it."

"Will do." Mitsuru nodded. He stopped at the door and glanced back at Hajime. 'Take care.' He thought.

The door closing hinted Mitsuru's departure. The man sighs and leans back into his chair. Today makes it four days since (Y/n) hasn't shown up for work. At first it was a bit of a relief. He didn't know how he would face her after what happened on the roof. The second was a bit more concerning. Third made him question what the hell she is doing in her time, making him a bit annoyed. The fourth, made him irritated. What irritated him more was that he knew she is avoiding him. The only was to really avoid the man was to avoid work. A questioned lingered though.

How far is she willing to go to avoid him?

The thought of her quiting and leaving nanba for good made him uneasy. Hell it even brought fear to his heart.

As the supervisor thought for a bit, his mind wondered off to a memory.

Flashback

The teen boy walked through the school gates, passing by many short students.

Junior high.

He usually came here after his own classes let out. His little brother didn't know the way home so it's his responsibility to pick him up from school.

He looked around the front doors and his frown deepened.

"Where the hell is he?" He asked himself.

He caught a glimpse of a girl fuming at the corner of the building. He was gonna ignore her, assuming she was having a fit like most middle school girls with their crushes, when he saw her grab a book from her bag and flung it over at something-or someone.

"(Y/n)-chan?" He heard the voice of his little brother call.

His eyes widened and he rushed over. He reached for the girls wrist, getting ready to possibly yell at her for hitting his brother. But that isn't the case. In fact a couple of boys we're bullying, no, harassing his brother. And she is defending him.

"Leave Hito alone!" The girl shouted, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

One of the boys taunted her, "Leave Hito alone." The rest laughed at the mockery.

Hajime took a glance at the girl. 'She's terrified but she still stands her ground. The girls got guts for someone so wimpy looking.'

"Leave him alone." He spoke, catching their attention. The girl turped around with a gasp and met with a tall male.

"A high schooler." She whispered.

"Big brother!" Hitoshi cried, getting up and running towards him.

"Big brother?" The mysterious girl questioned.

"You better not harm him in any way ever again. If you do so at least once, I'll make sure your high school lives will be a living hell." The boys gulped at his threat and ran off.

While Hitoshi whimpered in his brothers chest, the girl stared up at him.

"Wow." She awed.

Hajime looked at her and nodded, "Thanks for...helping is guess."

The girl blushed in embarrassment and smiled, "No problem."

Oh but it was a problem. She still looked like she was ready to cry. Must still be shooken up.

He placed a hand on her head, petting her.

"Why don't you come over for a bit?" He asked.

The girl stared up at him taken back before smiling. "Kay." She nuzzled into his hand, liking his touch.

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards.

'Their it is.' He thought satisfied. A single tear fell from her eyes.

"It's okay to be scared." He spoke, still petting her head as she let the tears slowly fall from her eyes.

Present

His eyes flashed open at the sound of the alarm.

"We've got a break out!" Seitarou's voice is heard from the speakers.

Hajime sighed and stood up. Stretching his muscles, he mentally groaned. It's those four again.

His eyes traveled to the door, expecting a certain little guard to run in.

"Hajime! Let's go!" She would say whenever the inmates escaped.

But no, not this time.

Not once in the last four days as he heard her voice.

"Damnit (Y/n). You're confusing me." He ran out of the room, trying his best to not pay attention to his heart beating faster at the thought of her.

Just what is she doing to him?