Chapter 3 || Carry On

Authors Note: Sorry for the wait started my court reporting classes and got very busy. If you don't remember the Fall episode then please rewatch from the part where Rory and Lorelai make up. I actually thought that was really well done and this chapter kind of starts from there.

Prolouge

Chapter 3 || Carry On

Rory had arrived to Stars Hollow the night before. After the Jess debacle she had gone to her grandparents place and used it for inspiration on her book. She had tried to show it to her mother but still doesn't feel her mom has fully accepted the idea of her writing a book about them. The only person that seemed to love the idea was Jess because at the end of the day it was more his proposed idea. She laid in bed trying to think of a way to approach Jess tomorrow. Trying to think of the best ways to explain the situation. She needed to rehearse in her head make up different scenarios to feel absolutly ready for the conversation. She knew they had to bump into each other at the wedding. Part of her wasn't sure she had waited to long to do something. She had stayed in Philly giving him space in hopes that he would call her but the week had passed she arrived at Stars Hollow and nothing. No sign of Jess.

Suddenly Rory heard a knock on her bedroom window, she got out of her bed and grabbed a sweater from her desk as she opened the window her eyes widen, it was Jess.

“Jess” she said out loud in order for it to feel more real. She thought is this really happening, am I dreaming? Did I fall asleep and not notice.

“TJ insisted we take Luke out before his wedding and we both said no but somehow here I am drunk out of my ass thinking about you and how much I couldn’t sleep without you next to me. God I sound like a damn country song. Are your ears bleeding from this crap?”

Rory chuckled “I missed you too Jess”

“Can I?” he asked pointing to the window. She nodded and he jumped in which seemed like a smarter idea than the execution itself. He caught himself with her and smiled.

“I'm a jerk”

“No I’m…” Rory started but he interrupted.

“Perfect, I shouldn’t be pissed at something that happened before me. I’ve made mistakes, trust me. You know we can list them there is not taking high school seriously, accidently crashing your car, leaving without a word in multiple occasions..."

She interrupts him this time “We don't need a recap. Lets go to bed” they both laid down and he exhales

“I barely fit in this bed”

“It’s a twin”

“See that name never made any sense to me where is the other twin, shouldn’t it come in pairs. If it goes from King to Queen shouldn’t this be like a Jack or a prince or something”

“Your rambling, I hadn’t seen that before” Rory teased.

“I talk a lot when I drink it’s not my greatest quality which is why I tend not to get drunk, but I was pissed and I did done get drunk”

“That made zero sense”

“I said I talked a lot I didn’t say I made whole lot of sense”

She runs her fingers through his hair in a way to sooth him to sleep and he whispers “I love you” before she heard what had become the familiar snore. She sighed thinking to say I think I do too, but she couldn’t bring herself to say that out loud. She couldn’t bring herself to even think it. She wasn’t ready. She wasn’t sure what she was least ready for this baby or admitting that she had fallen for Jess hard and way quicker than she would’ve liked to.