Chapter 2 || Between Love & Hate

Authors Note: Thanks for the love through the comments and follows! Please make sure to review to let me know what you are thinking so far! I had a beta but I just get too excited post a new chapter that I can't wait to post it. So please be kind with my grammar.

Prologue

Chapter 2 || Between Love & Hate 

Rory woke up from the sun's glare coming through the window. She groaned from the pulsing headache and then she realizes she wasn't at home or Lanes or Paris', she was at Jess' apartment and he was not laying next to her. She felt her stomach drop, they had sex, they had sex and he was gone. He was gone like all those times before...but then she smelled bacon...she wrapped herself with the sheets and walked out of the room. She passed through the hallway and found herself back in his kitchen. He was cooking, and she smiles while she says "Smells good"

He turns "Your up, want some coffee"

"Yes, would love some"

He grabbed a mug and poured, while he tried handing it to her, she noticed she would need to let go of the sheet covering her naked body in order to grab the cup and she debated which was more important the sheet or the coffee.

Jess notices her predicament and said "Your gonna have to decide what's more important coffee or that sheet your holding on for dear life, I'm pretty sure it's coffee"

She looks down at the cup again and blushed he continues "It's not like it isn't something I haven't seen before" he teases "I'm kidding, why don't you see if any of my sweat pants or shirts fit you till we get to your car"

"I think once we get to my car I'm gonna go to stars hollow"

"Oh" he replies disappointed, feeling as if all the plans they made last night had fallen through with failure.

"To get the rest of my stuff from Lanes and maybe my mom's"

"Oh!" He exclaims with relief and tinge of happiness that he tries to hide. "What are you going to say to Lorelai?"

"I'm hoping she will be at work and I can just leave a note"

"You don't think you should talk to her? Maybe hash things out?"

"This conversation is too early to deal with without coffee" she said as she grabbed the coffee from his hand and struggled holding on to the sheet walking towards the room by the middle of the hall she dropped the sheet all together looked back to see if Jess was looking and they both smiled at each other until she made it to the room.

It was almost going to be a month since she had been in Philadelphia. Her mom still had not talked to her, if there was something gilmores were good at was the freeze out. It actually surprised Rory that Lorelai hadn't reached out and even though Rory wanted to she had no idea what to say. She wasn't going to fold and tell her mother that she wouldn't write the book, which is all she could think Lorelai wanted to hear. So Rory convinced herself that once she finished the book and Lorelai read it, she would approve it. Jess came into the room holding the house phone, they had made the second room into a writing room since Rory never slept there and spent all her nights in Jess room.

"Hey, the guys were wondering if you would be able to update the Truncheon website with the top ten horror books in honor of halloween"

"Are they asking me or you?"

"You accusing me of throwing my work at you"

"Wouldn't be the first time"

"Your just so much better at this kind of stuff and have the patience with the website"