The Mysterious Man

In the middle of a bloody field, stood a slender man. His features were cloaked by the midnight; the only thing visible was his blood-stained armor and sword. He slowly walked, dragging his blazing green sword behind him. A mass of bodies were scattered behind him with the scent of blood all over.

     He watched as soldiers alerted the archers, alarms blaring  in a rhythmic beat. By the time he had closed in on the soliders, they had readied their weapons and shields, prepared to fight. A voice yelled "fire!" and a barrage of arrows went down in an arc towards the mysterious man.

     The man watched as the arrows grew closer to him. He stood there, just waiting for the arrows to assault him. When they impacted, the arrows simply bounced off his armor. One arrow was on course to strike the man in the one vulnerable spot, his face.

     In a flash, the man made a graceful backflip, while cutting the arrow in half with the flawless blade he wielded. Landing swiftly like a cat, he raced forth towards the soldiers as the broken arrows fell.

     Screams and commands radiated throughout the multiple squadrons of soliders. The lead group of them raced forward to face off with the esoteric man. As they entered within range, all were cut to pieces in one second.

     The man continued in an onslaught, continuously slaying one solider after another.  It was clear that he had no intention of letting anyone live.

     "Well?" said the leader. "Don't just stand there! Get him!"

     The remaining group of soliders grudgingly headed for the man. In the blink of an eye, they were all slain.

     The man drew closer to the leader, who was the only one that remained. The leader pulled his sword out of his scabbard, ready for a fight.

     It was a glorious weapon. It had a golden handle and a platinum blade. However it's beauty could not compare with the effervescent green blade wielded by the stranger. As the fighters entered range, they engaged in combat.

     The leader attacked first with a fierce swing from the hip. It was easily deflected by the man in an effortless swing of his sword. The leader twirled around for an impressive spinning slash, but the man parried it as if it were nothing. With a simple flick of his wrist, he forced the leader to drop his weapon.

     The leader, terrified by the man's overwhelming strength, fell to the ground from his anxiety. The man drew close and spoke in a grave voice, "Where is it?"

     "What do you mean?" asked the leader. "What do you seek?"

     "Oh you know what I want. The Amulet of Chaos".

     With that, the leader chuckled. "Ah, you came to the wrong person for that. The Amulet of Chaos is guarded by a confidant of the king." With a gulp, he continued, "But please, spare me! I was only doing my job!"

     The man reached inside his pocket. He pulled out a scroll and dropped it in front of the leader. It was black with a purple ribbon.

     "Tell your king", spoke the man, "that I, Tetsuya, have returned."