Halliwell Manor Living Room - Several Hours Later

Start from the beginning

Sydney, Australia-Dave's Loft- 8:30PM- The Next Evening

Paige astral-project-orbed herself into Dave's loft to find him humming to himself as he prepared for a night on the town. She counted silently to 10, taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm her nerves; it was apparent that he was getting ready for a date. 'I know we agreed to see other people, but that doesn't mean I can't get pissed off about the fact that he is.' Paige thought to herself. 'Sure, I'm stuck in San Francisco, big as a house, and he, he gets to go out clubbing! How fair is that?!'

As if he finally sensed her presence, Dave turned in Paige's direction and let out a yelp of surprise. "Paige! Love, what are you doing here?" he asked in a guilty voice. "I tapped into our daughter's powers and astral-project-orbed us here to find out why I haven't heard from you in months." Paige answered, unable to mask the hurt tone of her voice, or to stop the tears pricking behind her eyelids that threatened to fall. "Somehow I get the feeling that this wasn't about 'Immigration' at all, was it?"

"Not totally," he admitted with a sigh, eyes downcast. "Then what was it?" Paige questioned, her voice thick with tears. "I chickened out, love," he confessed, as Paige's knees gave and she sank onto the couch behind her.

She looked up at him as her tears began to fall, and he continued softly. "At first, it was about Immigration, I swear... then when you came to me..." he trailed off, sorry that he had to be the one to break her heart. "Paige, I'm not ready to be a father," he disclosed softly. "Especially not when this baby, and you, for that matter, can do things that I never dreamed were possible. I've done a lot of thinking since you came to me and told me about yourself and your sisters, and to be honest, Love, it scares the bloody hell out of me! I was hoping that you would just send me pictures of the baby, and then I could ignore its' existence and move on with my life; forget that you were ever a part of it... Love, I'm so sorry," he finished, as Paige began to sob uncontrollably.

"The hell you are!" Paige choked. "Now I'm sorry I ever met you! When our daughter asks about her father, I'll be sure to tell her that he's a big, self-centered jerk!"

"Paige!" Dave yelped. "Don't be like this, please."

"Oh, I see!" she spat angrily. "So it's okay for you to be a chicken, but when I lose control, and tell you how I'm feeling, you can't take it! How fair is that?!"

As she finished speaking, Paige was hit with a sharp pain that shot through her abdomen. "Oww!" she howled as she astral-project-orbed herself back to San Francisco, leaving Dave dumbfounded in shock.

"Paige?" he asked, as he fell to his knees beside the spot where she had been sitting. He touched the couch, finding it still warm from the heat of her body. "What have I done?" he asked himself as he, too began to cry.

Back At Halliwell Manor- Paige'sBedroom- 3:15AM

Glenn came to with a start as he heard Paige moan in discomfort beside him. "Paige?" he whispered quietly. "Baby, what's wrong?" Receiving no answer, Glenn studied Paige closely, noting that she was deeply asleep. "Must be having a bad dream, again," he whispered to himself. Glenn tried not to jump in surprise as Paige snuggled up to him and continued to sleep, letting out another quiet moan. He worked his arm gently underneath her body and put his other one around her, giving her an awkward hug as he gently rubbed her back. "It's okay, honey, I'm right here... nobody's going to hurt you," he whispered as he closed his eyes again.

Halliwell Manor-Kitchen- Later That Morning

Glenn entered the kitchen to find Piper, Leo, and Phoebe seated at the table, with Garrett gurgling happily in his high chair as Leo fed him from a bowl of baby cereal. "Morning, Glenn!" Phoebe exclaimed brightly. "Is Paige still asleep?"