Halliwell Manor Kitchen- Later That Day

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I think I'll leave most of that training up to Piper and Paige." Phoebe replied. "Even though I've been at this longer than Paige, she's a better witch than I could ever hope to be."

"Don't be so modest, Phoebe." Leo admonished. "My son will need you just as much as he'll need Mommy and Auntie Paige, and you know it. "

"If you say so." Phoebe replied uncertainly.

As Leo was about to give Phoebe a pep talk on believing in her abilities, they heard the bathroom door open behind them. Paige emerged, walking somewhat unsteadily. "Feeling better, Paige?" Leo asked. Paige blushed a deep pink and murmured. "Much better, thanks. Now I'm starving."

"Well, sweetie, if you think your stomach can handle it, your fruit is still in the kitchen." Phoebe offered.

"Thanks, Phoebe. Again, I'm sorry." Paige replied as she headed down the hallway. "It happens to all of us, honey. " Phoebe murmured as she followed her sister.

Piper and Leo'sBedroom

"Good morning, Mommy." Paige said with a smile as she and Phoebe poked their heads into Piper and Leo's bedroom. "Leo told us that you were awake and had some news for us?" Paige asked. "Yes." Piper began. "Say hello to Garrett Michael Wyatt-Halliwell," she finished, turning the sleepy-eyed infant toward her sisters. "That's the perfect name for him." Paige replied with a smile. "Very nice." Phoebe replied. "Except I would have gone with the name 'Noah' myself...the flood?"

"Still not funny, Phoebs!" Paige exclaimed as she elbowed her sister savagely in the ribs. "Let it go already, Phoebs." Piper commanded, and then asked. "Paige, would you like to hold him?"

"Yes." Paige replied. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some practice in handling a newborn."

"Just remember to support his head, Paige." Phoebe offered.

"Hello, Garrett." Paige whispered as she looked down at the small boy in her arms. "I'm your Auntie Paige...I've got to tell you, buddy, you look a lot better than you did the last time I saw you. Then again, I was exhausted, and you were fresh from the hardest journey of your life, so far." Garrett sighed contentedly, clutching Paige's finger tightly in his small fist as he gazed up at her. The tears in Paige's eyes began to fall as she whispered, "I love you so much, Garrett. You'll be seeing a lot of me, because you'll be my practice at taking care of an infant. You're going to have a cousin in a little while...I hope you like me, and that you'll like your cousin, too." In response, Garrett stretched, yawned widely, and began to whimper. "He hates me!" Paige cried. "Honey, he doesn't hate you." Piper protested. "He's most likely hungry again; it's been a few hours since he's eaten."

Paige handed Garrett over to Piper and said. "Come on, Phoebs... Let's leave Piper and Garrett alone."

"No. It's okay." Piper responded. "You're welcome to stay and keep me company... We're all females, with the exception of Garrett, of course. It's nothing you haven't seen before; besides, that's what the blanket is for."

"Have a seat, Paige." Phoebe offered, as she patted the bed beside herself. "How are you feeling, Paige?" Any better since you got some sleep?" Piper asked. Paige made a so-so hand gesture and Phoebe asked. "Do you want anything else to eat? Your fruit seems to be staying down. " Paige blushed a deep pink at this and said. "Sure, that would be great. Thanks, Phoebe."

"Are you still sick, sweetie?" Piper asked after Phoebe had gone. "I think I went too long without eating, and your niece or nephew decided a little retaliation was in order." Paige responded. "After my stomach revolted, I was starving."

"Yes, he did that quite often to me." Piper murmured, glancing down at Garrett, who was nursing contentedly. "Sometimes, I swear he did it for spite, just because what tasted good to me was something he didn't care for." Paige smiled softly at her sister and nephew in response, and then replied. "There are times when I'm totally exhausted, but I can't sleep, no matter what I try. Did you have that?"

"Yes. It wasn't just at the beginning of my pregnancy, either; it was off and on the whole time." Piper replied. "You know, at first, I was regretting the fact that I quit my job to devote myself to the craft." Paige began quietly. "Now, looking back, I feel it was a good choice to make... I'll be in the middle of making potions, and I'll get so dizzy that I can hardly stand. Or I'll have to stop straightening up to take a nap on the couch. I couldn't do that if I had accepted the social worker position that I was offered. Don't get me wrong, Piper; eventually, I'd like to go back to it because I love it so much. For now, though, this fits."

"Honey, you have to do what's right for you." Piper murmured. "When you're a Charmed One, it's hard to keep a nine to five schedule; Prue had trouble with it, and so did I when I managed Quake. It was a godsend when I bought P3 and became my own boss. Prue left Bucklands and became a freelance photographer so that she could be there when we needed her. As for Dear Phoebe, she has a flexible schedule, but you can see how difficult her job is... She's so in demand, and Elise can be a real bitch about it."

"So I've noticed." Paige replied. "How Phoebe can put up with her is beyond me."

"Amen to that!" Piper grinned. She then looked down and addressed her son. "Well, Garrett, what do you think? Should we try to burp? You did pretty good before," she finished as she raised him to her shoulder.

**************************************

As Phoebe entered the room again a few minutes later, Garrett finally burped, releasing a belch to end all belches. "Wow," Paige breathed. "I'm amazed that such a little boy could burp like that. "

"Well, as small as he is, he's still a man." Phoebe giggled. "I think that's part of the 'Y' chromosome's make-up."

"Let me say this..." Piper began firmly. "When he has some control over it, he's not going to be making a pig of himself. He's going to be polite and well mannered... The first person that encourages him to have a belching contest is going to be blown to pieces! Did you hear that, Leo?!" she called loudly, as her sisters dissolved into giggles. "Here's your food, by the way, Paige." Phoebe said through a giggle. "And try not to burp...you heard Piper," she warned with a wide grin.

As Paige was about to respond, the Elders summoned her. "Sorry, Phoebs, but I don't have time to eat," she began. "Someone needs me; the Elders are summoning. I'll see you guys later?"

"It's okay, sweetie," Phoebe replied. "See you later."

"Be careful, hon." Piper added. "Thanks!" Paige's voice floated back as she orbed out. "She didn't look too good." Phoebe stated. "Phoebs." Piper replied in a warning tone. "Paige is fine. Let it go."

"I'm just saying..." Phoebe trailed off. "I said let it go!" Piper demanded.

ɬ� 8�: