2

Chapter 2

She was the first girl to yell at me, not counting my Mom. -Xander

I jump in the shower to quickly clean myself, but spend quite a while trying to figure out how it works.

I swear, I went through a time machine and now was centuries later in the future, standing in some super high-tech shower!

After a good ten minutes, I figure out how to control the shower, and twist an odd yet elegant looking tap. The water starts spurting from five different directions, at me, cleaning every inch single inch of my body.

Once I'm done washing my hair and body with the shampoo, conditioner and body wash - that I had brought - I wrap myself in a thin white towel.

I am drying my hair using another towel, when I hear the sound of my bedrooms door closing.

Frustrated, I throw the towel I had been drying my hair with, on to the washroom's counter, and stomp my foot, in anger. "Get out of my room, Holden!" I scream through the door.

I cannot believe he stayed. But...I expected it. I know the he is trying to make up for what he did, but he doesn't understand that every time I see him, I imagine that red head underneath him. I imagine his hands on her body, and his tongue licking her lips.

Apologizing won't fix his actions. When you throw a plate on to the ground, it shatters. A simple "sorry" won't fix it. It will still be broken. And the same thing has happened to my heart.

When I hear a zipper opening, I swing the door open, not caring that I was in just a towel. How dare he go through my clothes? That pig!

"Holden, what the hell do you think you're-"

I cut myself off, when I see that the man stooping in front of my suitcase is, in fact, not Holden. All I can see is his back, but I'm positive that it's not Holden. The man was wearing a white dress shirt, which stretched against the muscles on his back. His dark brown hair is cut perfectly along the neck line, unlike Holden's, who had messy blonde hair.

He turns his head to see me standing in the door way, in nothing but a skimpy towel. He gets up, slowly raking his eyes over every inch of my body. His eyes are a piercing gray which look as if they were blue, but not quite. His hair is combed neatly to the side, and his long thin face ends in a muscular jaw. There is a light stubble along his chin and jaw, making him look mature.

Stopping myself from checking him out further, I snap, "Who the hell are you?", and tightening the towel around me, while trying to look intimidating.

Looking taken aback at my tone, his eyes slowly roam over my body, stopping on the hem of the towel. "Get the hell out!" I scream, pointing to the door.

If he doesn't get out soon, then I'll show him how tough farm girls really are.

His eyes snap up to mine once I raise my voice. They narrow a bit as he squares his shoulders and raises his chin. "Why are you in here?" He asks in a calm and steady voice, as if he hadn't just barged into my room.

"You're in my room and looking through my clothes!" I argue, with disbelief written on my face. He may be gorgeous but that doesn't mean I'll fall for it!

His eyes widen a fraction, and suddenly his hard shell disappears. His eyes roam over my body, again.

"That's it!" I yell.

I'm about to grab the closest thing near me and throw it at him, when he smirks says, "I live here. It's my room." He crosses his arms, challenging me.