My Only Friends Are Traffic Lights Speaking Morse Code

~*~
Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed the last chapter, sorry it was so depressing, I was having a hard day with my issues... anyways, this chapter should be a bit more upbeat. Enjoy my little rebel hearts.
~*~

Alex's POV

I watched the light change to green as we drove to our new home in Baltimore, Maryland. If I could even call it a home. Home was back, well, home. With Austin. But he broke up with me the day we left, so maybe not. I wasn't important to the one person who swore I was. I felt as though I shouldn't have hope. But, as Princess Leia said, "Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night."

So maybe it was a good thing that I was moving. Maybe I could start fresh. Maybe I could find a new boyfriend. Maybe I could finally start a band. I sighed with the realisation that my happiness rested on "maybe". 

~*~

The next morning I stood in front of my locker, trying desperately to put in a locker combination that I had just gotten, failing epically. I felt s ok me one tap my shoulder. "Hey, need help?" A boy about my age stood before me in a Green Day shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was swept to one side, and a similarly dressed boy stood behind him, this one in a Newfound Glory shirt.

"Um, sure." I said quietly, handing the scrap of paper that held my combo to the mesmerizing teen that had offered me his aid. He read it quickly before moving towards my locker. I swiftly stepped to the side to allow him to unlock the frustrating lock hanging from my boring purple locker.

He spun it to the numbers I couldn't seem to remember, muttering them to himself over and over, before standing back and passing me an open combination lock.

"Thank you..." I said, pausing so he could tell me his name. "Right, sorry, I suck at social situations. I'm Jack, and this is Zack. And you are...?" I paused. "Alex. Thanks Jack. Um, what grade are you in?" I winced at how obviously hard I was trying to make a friend in this new school. "I'm a sophomore. You?" He responded with a chuckle. I blushed. "I'm a sophomore too. Sorry... I'm a bit weird. Probably why it's third period and I have yet to make a friend."

"Yes, you have yet to make a friend. Because you've already made two." Zack said, finally injecting himself into the conversation. I smiled at his words as the warning bell rang. "Wanna ditch with us?" He asked. I hesitated. "What the help, I'm new, nobody's gonna notice." I answered. They high-fived each other.

Suddenly, we were joined by another guy. "Hi Rian. This is Alex. He's new. We're taking him with us." Rian beamed at me "Hey man, nice to meet you. I'm Rian, spelled with an I not a Y." He said, pulling me into a hug. I tensed and had to tell myself it was fine before I hugged him back. Pulling away, he led us out the nearest exit like he owned the place.