Pick Up Part 6

AN: Sorry that this is super late. again. I haven't found time to write lately and the last chapter was not very long at all. I am so sorry once again. This one will be longer than the last one. Forgive me!

The rebel attack is on Dome day. The people are preparing everything for that day. They are just gathering more people. The people want another rebellion to prove that Lily's ways of leading are inhumane. A blood bath is only just ahead.

Lily and Julio are awake. They are both chatting over coffee. Lily is actually enjoying Julio's presence. She hasn't spoken to Nate. She is too nervous to talk to Nate at the moment. Nate is constantly thinking about Lily. After Julio and Lily finish with coffee, Lily gets dressed. She chooses a black knee-length skirt with a pink off the shoulder shirt. She slips on her black flats. Lily quickly throws her hair up in a messy pony tail, applying a bit in mascara in the process. She begins to approach the conductor. She stops in the doorway. Lily slowly takes one step then another, glancing around the room for any sign of Nate. She takes a step backward, slipping on a plate let on the floor. Lily lets out a shriek. Lily doesn't have time to prepare herself for the fall. She is swept into Nate's arms. Lily looks up, laying in his arms. Their faces are inches apart, faces tingeing with red. "Thank you, Nate." Lily breathes out.

Nate stands Lily up, "No problem, m'lady." He rests a hand on the back of his neck, biting his lip.

Lily smiles, "Uh, are you busy late-later?" What is wrong with me? Lily thinks.

"No, I am not."

"Great! Would you maybe like to um... have dinner? With me?"

Nate nods, "Yes. That sounds wonderful. What time?"

"Around seven. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good to me." Nate replies.

Lily clasps her hands behind her back, "I will see you then." Lily spins on her heels and exits the conductor car. Her cheeks are bright red. Julio is grinning as he stands in the middle of their train car. "What would you like me to prepare for tonight?"

Lily punches Julio in the arm, grabbing his jaw firmly with her other hand. "You shall not make fun of me. You will treat me with the respect that I deserve. I am your superior, do not make fun of me, flank." Lily uses the one word she remembers to never say unless in a specific situation. Her father told her to use it only for when she wants to scare people and confuse them at the same time.

Julio nods. He has fear in his eyes. Lily loosens her grip then stands in front of the train doors. Julio joins Lily, silently praying that Lily doesn't kill him. The doors slide open as they stop at the New Mexico train station. There aren't any people holding signs like last time, there are only photographers. Lily walks into the jail without taking a second glance at the photographers.

Today they are picking up a girl named Misty. She is the youngest out of all the contestants, being twelve years old. She got arrested for 'murdering' a kid. She was framed for the murder though. She was at the scene of the murder. She was the main suspect, so they arrested her. Misty was ten years old, nobody believed that she did not kill the child, which at the time was her best friend. They had enough evidence to arrest Misty, and they did exactly that.

Misty has tan skin, long silver hair, and turquoise eyes. Lily gets up to the stage. She is handed her trusty bullhorn, opening the envelope, "Misty!"

After Misty is unlocked from her cell, Lily has guards escort Misty to the stage. Lily gives Misty a peck on the cheek. "Let's get you to the train and we can get this party started."

They are escorted back out to the train. The guards put Misty in the train car behind Myorie's. The train starts up once more than they are on their way to Texas. Lily nervously drums her fingers against the kitchen counter. She is thinking of what to say or do with Nate. Does she want to flirt with him, eat graciously, or be shy? Lily thinks very deeply as they travel to Texas. Nervous gitters cramp up Lily's stomach. She really likes Nate, but isn't sure what to do or how to act. The train pulls into the Texas station. They are picking up a sixteen year old girl named Alex. She has choppy, black hair, olive skin, and has a small scar on her left cheek. Alex got arrested for assaulting and killing men in a bar fight along with underage drinking. Lily and Julio are up on the stage. Lily opens the envelope as she grabs her bull horn, "Willow!"

Willow jumps up, trying to stifle her anger. She doesn't release her anger because she can release it later. Lily hugs Alex. She spits on Lily's shoes, glaring furiously. Lily gets angry, "Take her to the train."

Alex shimmies out of the guards grasp. She tackles Lily, knocking both of them to the floor. Alex jumps up, performing a ninja like kick, nailing a guard in the face. The guard collapses to the floor. Another guard grabs Alex, pressing a needle into her neck. She slams her head into the guard before they both fall to the ground.

Lily stands up, snapping at more guards. "Take her to the train! Leave the cuffs on her."

Guards grab Alex off the floor, dragging her out to the train. The guards place Alex in her train car. The train starts towards Kansas, where they will pick up their last contestant for today.

As the train pulls into the Kansas station, Lily is anxious once more for her date. They walk into the jail. Lily grabs her bull horn, opens up the envelope then calls the prisoners name, "Raven!"

Raven is a seventeen year old girl. She has long jet black hair, dark green eyes, a slim figure, and has a bit of freckles all over her face. She got arrested for stealing something. She got in a fight and tried to kill her opponent. Guards escort Raven immediately out to the train. Lily made an order to not touch any of the contestants, just to escort them right to the train.

Julio and Lily are back in the train. "What do you want me to cook for tonight?" Julio asks politely.

"Could you possibly cook some chicken alfredo?"

Julio nods, "Yes! I can do that. If I start it now, it should be ready by seven."

Lily goes into her room. She has about thirty minutes before her date with Nate. She applies some mascara, a bit of eyeshadow, some foundation, and light pink lipstick. She throws her hair back in a high pony tail. Be yourself, Lily. If he doesn't like you for you, kill him. Lily keeps thinking this over and over. When six fifty-five rolls around, Lily enters the main train car. Julio has set up a table with dinner sitting on it. Nate enters the car too. A grin spreads across Lily's face, "Hi Nate! You look great!"

Nate is dress in jeans and a suit vest. "You look dazzlingly yourself."

Lily blushes, "Take a seat. Let's eat!"

They both take a seat across the table from each other. "Man, are you nervous? Cause I sure am."

Lily takes a bite out of her dinner, "I have been nervous all day. You are charming. I'm sorry for being mean. You are so handsome," Lily takes a small sip of water.

Nate's face heats up, "Thank you. You are quite intimidating. It is admirably fierce."

"Aw, Nate. That is the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me."

Lily and Nate continue flirting over dinner. Lily grips a flower under the table. Nate finishes, so he stands. "I had a great time. Thank you."

Lily goes in for a hug, Nate takes it. They break away from the hug, Nate turns away. "Nate?" Lily stops Nate in his tracks. Lily holds out the flower, handing it to him. "I wanted this to be special." Lily plants a small kiss on Nate's lips.

Lily steps back, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

Nate walks back to his car. Lily smiles, going back to her room. Lily has never felt so alive.

Hey guys, I am sorry these are getting so short. I just needed this one to get out today because I am going to incorporate a scene with real life. (Its still a surprise to the guy)

I am soooooooooo sorry. Please forgive me.