CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Start from the beginning

Mr Summer said that now we were going to go someplace else. He wanted the wedding to happen sooner than later. He instructed Mindy to go upstairs and pack her things while I helped her.

Mindy and I walked to her room, and she made sure to lock it once we were inside. "Thanks for doing this," Mindy shyly said. "You don't have to help me pack. I really don't have anything."

So while Mindy shoved whatever she needed into a bag, I sat on one of the chairs in the room. I remember Mindy saying that Austin was in the basement, so I asked what was going to happen to him while we were gone.

"It's not the first time he's been alone in the house," she answered. "But he cannot escape because they put chains on him. They don't feed him enough so Austin doesn't have any strength."

Once she was done packing, we went downstairs. She told me she was going to talk to her father, so I was getting ready to leave. I saw my father still sitting on the couch, deep in thought. My eyes narrowed towards him, and he finally was back to reality when his eyes met mine.

I continued to glare at him, even when he broke eye contact just moments ago.

"I'm sorry, Ace," he apologized.

"Sorry's not going to fix this," I snapped. "The cheated on mom, right? And you used me to cover up your mistake. She probably already knows that you cheated on her, so why are you still going through with this!"

To my surprise, he stood up and looked at me with a blank expression.

"You wouldn't understand." Was his pathetic excuse.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Mr Summer interrupted. I saw Mindy trail behind him as she gave me a small smile.

x-X-x

After a few hours, we arrived at a mansion that had way to many windows, but it was actually quite nice. We passed the large, metal gate before it closed behind us again. When the chauffeur stopped the car in front of the house, I got out first and opened Mindy's door before closing it once she got out.

Mr Summer and my dad were walking in front of us, having a small chat to themselves while maids form the house gathered the luggage from the bag. When we left the other house, many guards followed us, making sure that I had no choice but to stay with Mindy and the rest.

"My mom's here," Mindy whispered do quietly had I almost didn't hear her.

"She doesn't know about my father's real intentions about us. He's told her that we've been secretly dating and have just told everyone about our relationship."

"So we act like a couple."

"Exactly."

Someone kill me now.

Entering the house, one of the maids in the house showed each of us where we're going to stay. Unfortunately, my room was right beside Mindy. At least they didn't make us stay in the same room together.

Locking the door behind me, I immediately went on the bed, desperate to get some sleep and that this was all just a stupid dream.

The next thing I know, I wake up due to the sound of someone knocking on door. I groaned and stood up tiredly. Looking at the clock, it seemed that I slept for a few hours. I opened the door and was surprised to see Mindy.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Uh, sure..."

I opened the door wide enough for her to come in before closing it.

"Two days." I heard her say, and she turned around to face me. "Two days before I marry you."

I need more time.

I'm positive Levi and Ben have some sort of plan to get me out of here. To bad they can't all me because my dad fucking destroyed my phone earlier.

"Wait, why didn't he just take us here in the first place instead of going to the house in the forest?" I asked.

I mean, we didn't really do anything there.

"Father had... unfinished business to do..." she trailed off. "Anyways, he knew that you were going to say yes, so the entire time he's been planning the wedding."

Fuck you, Mr Summer. Fuck You.

••• - ••• - •••

I'm sorry for not updating! It's 3:02, I'm in the airport, and I've only had two hours of sleep. I apologize again for taking so long! Usually it doesn't take me five days to update.

Anyways! In the previous chapter, I asked you guys how old you think I am. I'm surprised that the majority of you thought I was 15-20 years old.

Surprise, surprise, I'm 14 😂

A lot of people have asked to show my face, but I don't know if I'm ready yet. I mean, I'm not the best looking person in the world. I hide behind freakin' Snapchat filters. 😂😭

I don't use it as much, but I make aesthetic edits on Instagram! @siquinia

I don't use it as much, but I make aesthetic edits on Instagram! @siquinia.edits