Chapter 14 | Breaking Black

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" Chase hums, unaware of what he was talking about.

"You hurt her feelings." Tyler says.

"No, she's fine." Chase says. "No, she isn't." Quinn says as she angrily glares at Chase.

The Dino Com rings. "Alien bio signs. Everyone head out. Quinn, get to the base." Miss Morgan says.

"Got it." Tyler says as they begin to head out.

"You know, you're a real jerk, Chase." Quinn angrily says and forcefully nudges his shoulder as she stomps away. "What? What did I do?" Chase says as he rubs his shoulder and walks away from the others.

"Excuse me, can we get some ketchup?" A customer asks as she stops Ivan.

"Uh, but of course. Ah." Ivan says as he hands her a ketchup bottle. "And mustard. And a side of pickles, each." She asks.

"Ivan." Riley whispers as he motions for him to leave. "I shall be along forthwith." He says as he goes off to grab the items.

***

Quinn runs down to the base and gets into the seat. "Hi Miss Morgan." Quinn says as she logs into the computer. "Hello Quinn." Miss Morgan says as she looks back over the blueprints of the Dino X Charger.

Quinn logs on and waits for the others to morph since the only way for her to be able to watch them is for them to morph. For now she was just listening to them searching for Sledge's monster of the week through their Dino Coms, which didn't really give the best audio, but worked for now.

"These are definetly the coordinates Miss Morgan gave us." Riley says as they walk through the woods.

"I bet Sledge found our training area." Tyler says.

"Oh look! It my lucky day. Oh, another." Koda says as he happily grabs the coins. "Who would have left these here?" Shelby wonders. "It's so shiny." Koda notices.

"Take cover." Chase yells as he and Tyler shove Koda out of the way as the coins explode in the air.

The maniacal laughter of Poisandra and company fill the air. "Time for a little payback, Rangers." Poisandra says. "And I've got money to burn." Gold Digger says as it throws the coins at the rangers, who dodge out of the way. "Your energems will soon be mine." It laughs.

"It's morphin' time. Dino Charger." Chase says. "Ready. Energize! Ha! Unleash the Power!" They say as they morph.

Quinn sees the screen light up as it shows her the new battle. Quinn immediately sits up and watches the battle attentively, ready to help or give advice to the Rangers whenever they need it.

"This guy looks like if a museum threw up." Tyler insults.

"You can't talk you box of crayons." It fires back as it blocks all the rangers' attacks.

"That's it. Give them their money's worth." Poisandra says happily. "Are you crazy? He's useless. I'll take care of this." Wrench says as he jumps off and joins the battle.

"Mind if I cut in? Let me you how it's done." Wrench says as he shoves Gold Digger out of the way.

"Ow! My chest!" It whines. Wrench deflects the rangers' attacks.

"Don't let that tin can push you around, Gold Digger. Get back in there and fight." Poisandra orders. "Yes, ma'am." It says. "Now!" Poisandra yells.

It obeys and joins the battle once more. "Over here, Rangers!" It says as Poisandra and Curio leave.

"Face it Wrench, pigs will fly before you beat us." Tyler taunts. "Oh yeah? Well watch me fly." Wrench says as it powerfully strikes Tyler across the chest. "Now I can get that energem." Wrench says as he runs toward the ranger, only to be stopped by the Ptera Saber.