Chapter 4 Painful Pasts...

I hadn't realised it but I had fallen asleep in oak's arms, waking up to the feeling of his soft fur on my face I realize we're laying on a large soft bed. My eye's slowly flutter open to see that it was dawn and oak was laying on top of me, I blush wildly and quietly try to move out from under him but I'm soon greeted by a soft muzzle nuzzling my neck. "Good morning my little dove..." oak said with a deep yawn, his warm breath on my neck causing goosebumps to rise immediately. "G-good m-morning o-oak..." I barely squeak out, I could feel that oaks strong arms had been wrapped around me as he gently squeeze's me. I hear him chuckle softly "you're up early...as usual..." he says softly as he kisses my head, my face grows red as I blush frantically. "S-sorry...I guess I'm just used t-to waking up this e-early...b-because it was w-when you would come s-see me..." I say softly, taking in the scent of oak's warm fur. "There's no need to be sorry my dear...this is my usual wake up time as well....shall we prepare for the day ahead of us?" I nod as oak gets off of me and walks out of the tent that I've realized is the smaller one out of the two that Oliver put down yesterday, I quickly climb off of the bed and stand up as I yawn softly. I glance around the tent when I see a small picture frame on the floor by oak's side of the bed, I wander over to it and gently pick it up as I gaze over the picture and gasp softly. The photo shows oak and what most certainly looks like his family, the tall black haired man with the gold crown and the lady with blond hair and silver crown catching my eye. The glass of the frame looks dusty, I run my hand across it as I wipe the dust off but soon stop with a sharp jolt as I didn't notice a part of the glass was broken and had cut my hand lightly. I watch as the normal red liquid that fills my body quickly escape the wound. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?" I jump with a loud squeak as oak is standing in the doorway of the tent in his human form, his face showing anger and pain as I quickly clench my wounded hand. "S-sorry oak! I saw it on the floor and I didn't want anyone to step on it and break it!" I squeak loudly as I place the picture on the bed and step away from it, I look down at my feet as I wait for oak to come over to me and slap me or hit me just as my father did when I did something bad. I notice small round dark spots appear on the green fabric of the tent floor, realizing that I'm crying from the building fear in my heart. I feel a pair of comforting arms envelope me as I hear oak softly whisper "I'm sorry....I didn't mean to yell at you and scare you.....I promise I won't hurt you like he did....." I nod shakily as i cling to oak. "i trust you......just....don't leave....please....."

"