Day Nine

I am a terrible writer I've abandoned three of my accounts out of five, someone send motivation. AND IM SO SORRY THIS IS JUST A FILLER

Also, Happy Valentine's~

---

-You-

I didn't sleep at all last night.

I couldn't.

Even though Angelo was there to help me and Corteo, I couldn't help but imagine what could have happened if he wasn't there.

If Angelo wasn't there on time, could that have been the end for Corteo?

For me?

Knocks on my door were heard, and when I let out a 'come in', Frate entered.

"Hey little sister." He said as he gave me a small smile.

"Hey." I said softly.

"How are you holding up?"

"Honestly," I sighed, "I could be better."

He sat down at the edge of my bed as he looked at me with sad eyes.

"Y/n, you need to eat. You skipped dinner, breakfast, and you're about to miss lunch."

"I don't have an ap - "

My door flew open, and Nero came into view.

"Y/n I swear to god, if you don't eat, I'm going to take everything on another level."

"What?" Frate and I said, not understanding anything.

"Y/n, seriously, you need to eat." Fio said, entering.

"Okay, last time I checked, I only allowed Frate in. The one who knocked." I said.

"Right."

Fio, and Nero left, and closed my door. But as soon as my door closed, knocks were heard.

I rolled my eyes as Frate stifled a laugh.

"Come in." I groaned.

And Nero made the same entrance.

Fio just entered laughing at our eldest brother.

Fio went beside me and hugged me. She caressed my hair, and I felt calm.

"Please, y/n, you need to eat. Father's going to get mad if you don't."

"Well," I sighed, "that's the last thing we all need. Tell him I'll freshen up, and I'll be down for lunch."

"Alright, see you, little sister."

I stood up from the bed, and headed to the washroom. I washed my face, then tied my hair into a bun.

After, I headed downstairs to the dining area to see the whole family gathered. They all gave me small smiles as I took my seat, then I had a bit of my first meal of the day.

"Y/n," my dad said gently, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure thing." I said, looking at him.

"If Angelo didn't arrive on time, what do you think would have happened to you, and Corteo?"

I heard everyone around the table put the utensil they were using down, as a small sigh escaped my lips. My dad's eyes never left mine, and vice versa.

"Nothing good would have happened." I said truthfully. "I'm sorry, father, I should have defended - "

"That's the thing, isn't it? At the moment, you are unable to." He said with a sigh. "Either way, I'm grateful to Angelo. Tell him to visit for dinner later tonight."

My eyes widened, and everyone gasped in surprise.

"Father, are you sure?" Nero asked.

My dad let out a small laugh. "Yes, I am sure. It isn't like Angelo is y/n's boyfriend. Is it?"

It was my turn to laugh. "You were the one who told me not to date business partners unless needed, father. Of course I'm not dating Angelo."

"Good." He smiled. "Okay, let's get back to lunch. After that, call Angelo."

"Yes, father."

***

"Thanks for agreeing to meet up with us." I said as I gave him a warm smile.

"Don't worry about it." Angelo said.

"Y/n, do you still want to go to the shop?"

"Yes, of course I do!" I squealed. "Let's go, let's go!"

I looked back to see Angelo looking lost, I shrugged it off laughing, then ran off.

"Hey! Y/n! Wait up!"

Once I reached the doors, a huge smile appeared on my lips. My eyes scanned every shelf, every counter, and every container.

I felt as if I was in heaven.

I turned around as the two entered. Corteo went straight to a corner of the shop, and I was left to observe Angelo.

My heart warmed at his state. Yesterday, he was all tough and intimidating. But today, today he was different.

A big smile played on his lips as his eyes were full of light. He seemed like a kid who hadn't been in a candy shop for years.

"Get what you want, Lagusa. My treat."

"What?" His eyes snapped to me. "Why?"

"It's the least I can do as a thank you."

He gave me a small smile as he nodded.

He took small steps towards me, then leaned in and whispered.

"One favor though, y/n. In public, don't call me by my real name, just call me Avilio."