Part 21: Madagascar

Depuis le début

I jump and grab the edge of a stone pillar and climb down, jogging over to the body of a skeleton. I grab the journal note off it's body and jog past him, running across a wooden beam. I jump up and grab the edge of the ground above, pulling myself up and looking out at a long, thick wooden plank that looks like a seesaw.

"That really safe-looking wooden seesaw thing might do the trick," Sam states and I jump across the ravine and grab the ridge on the cliffside, climbing up to the ground where the seesaw thing is.

I step on it and the wooden rubble that was laying on the other side of the beam, topples down into the water below, some large rocks falling past as well. I keep my balance and run up the seesaw and it starts to even out, but when I continue making my way forward, it moves down.

"[Name], stop! You won't make that jump," Sam tells me, and him, Harry, and Nate step onto the other end. I keep my balance as I'm lifted up and before I'm tossed into the air I jump forward. I'm sent high into the air and when I come down, I land on the stone ground with a roll.

"Damn that was some nice air time," Nate calls over to me, and I chuckle.

Nate and Sam let Harry go next and he joins me while the brothers look for a way to join us. Sam balances out the seesaw as Nate jumps and grabs the ridge on the cliffside and makes his way around to a wooden post. He grapples across it and jumps off, grabbing a metal cog and climbing up it. He grabs the stone on his left and makes his way up the wall, pushing a metal crate he finds at the top.

Sam moves across the wooden beam and stands on the edge closest to us. Nate pushes the crate down on the other end, and the seesaw moves down while the side Sam's on lifts up. The older Drake jumps and joins Harry and I, and when Nate jumps onto the seesaw it starts to break.

"Nate! Run!" I shout and he runs across the beam, jumping and grabbing the edge of the floor just in time.

"That's another test down," Harry sighs, and I nod while helping Nate up.

"Now can we please get out of here," I sigh and we run up some stairs, past many statues.

We head down a staircase at the top of the other set, coming to a door with a hole in the wall for your arm. I pull the handle inside and the door rolls to the side, revealing a large circular room with a mantle in the middle.

"It's another cross," Sam says as we walk up to the mantle. A balance scale sits on the mantle with a golden Saint Dismas cross on one side and some worthless coins on the other. "At least this one has some jewels on it, right?" Sam asks and goes to take it, when I grab his arm and stop him.

"Don't touch it, Sam," I say, and his eyebrows furrow.

"What? Why?"

"Look at it. Doesn't something seem off to you?"

"It's the only valuable thing we've seen in this cave," Nate sighs in realization.

"This is another bloody test," Harry groans, and I nod.

"Greed. One most people would fail," I state while looking at the coins.

I pick one up and the scale balances out completely, a clicking sound coming from it. The torches on the walls light up, and we look around as light shines down on us to reveal an image on the floor. "Whoa," Nate gasps and I grin, recognizing the shape on the ground.

"It's Madagascar," Sam says while looking at the image.

Harry points at the area on the map where a star is marked on it and chuckles, "And that's King's Bay."