"Who- who are you?" I murmured, my eyes involuntarily closing on me.

"My name is Annie, don't worry, I'm here to help."

That was the last thing I heard before passing out.

Mandy's POV

I have to tell Cole.

I don't have a choice. I mean- everything that happened is my fault. All this guilt was killing me, and I hated seeing our Alpha like this.

Cole has been devastated ever since the blood incident, not eating or sleeping, and only talking when it was about finding Christina. Otherwise, he is closed off to everything and everyone.

"Cole..." I murmured, lightly knocking on his office door.

No answer.

My heart began pounding in my chest, and I slowly opened the door.

"Cole?"

He lifted his head from his hands, glanced at me, then began staring past me.

"Cole, I have to tell you something."

He didn't respond, just continued to stare blankly at the door behind me.

I took a deep breath. It's now or never.

"I'mtheonewhohelpedChristinaescapeandIgaveherthescentmaskingspraysoyoucouldn'tfindher."

I stared anxiously at Cole, only to let out a yelp of surprise when his head snapped up and he began staring at me.

"What did you say?" His voice was low, almost deadly.

"I-I-I..." I stammered, fear growing in the pit of my stomach.

"Answer me!" Cole roared, standing up.

"I'm the one who helped Christina escape and I gave her the scent masking spray you couldn't find her." I whispered weakly, looking at the ground.

Silence.

Confused, I looked up, only to be thrown into the wall a split second later.

"How dare you?!" Cole bellowed, his hand around my neck, holding me off the ground by at least five inches.

I couldn't speak, as I couldn't breathe. All I could do was dangle pathetically and make strangled noises.

"What is going on?!"

Cole was instantly pulled away from me and I fell to the ground, gasping for air. After aiding my deprived lungs, I looked up at my savior- who was now facing off with Cole.

Ian.

"What the fuck were you doing to my mate?" Ian yelled, standing in front of me protectively.

Cole was shaking uncontrollably and was about to shift any second now.

"Your mate?" He spat out, "She is the reason my mate is gone!"

Ian froze and turned to look at me.

I literally stopped breathing. I should have told Ian what happened, and now? He will never forgive me for this. Instead of looking back at him, I dropped my head shamefully, and let my tears fall to the floor.

"She is the reason Christina may be gone forever."

I buried my face in my hands and began sobbing.

"Mandy isn't the one to blame- you are. YOU drove Christina away."

I looked up in shock, and was pulled to my feet and dragged away by a furious Ian. Just as we exited the room, I glanced back at Cole.

And let me just say, the sight I saw almost made my heart break in two.