Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Three weeks later…

“No, Scott!, I can’t do this!” I protested as Scott tried to bring me out onto the ice pound and I felt myself slip here and there on my rolling skates. He practically had to hold me up as he brought me onto the pond cause I can’t skate.

“It’s going to be alright.” He said. “I promise, just try to stand up on yourself.” he said as he started to let go of me and I clung to his shirt.

“No! Don’t let go of me!” I quickly told him.

He chuckled and peeled me off him, “Abby, babe, your going to be fine. Just stand up, you can do it.”

I made an ‘ehh’ sound as he fully got me off him and I was beginning to become off balance, but I held my arms up a little to steady myself. After a few more times, I regained my balance and was able to stand up.

I couldn’t help but sequel, “I did it! I did it—ahh!”, I screamed as my legs started to split and I fell down on my right side. Ugh, my hip going to have one bruise now.

Colleen rolled up to me, chuckling. “Don’t work, it took me a few times to get the hang of it. I was bruised up like a peach that night, but worth it.”

Scott helped me back up on my feet and now just held onto me now, realizing after the first fall, I’m going to have to practice more on my balance. I looked around at the other at how it look so easy and simple. Victoria was actually wearing blades, gliding across the pond so perfectly and naturally. It made me jealous.

I look like such an idiot.

I could just imagine Gabe snickering at me from the other side, but I made no attempt to make eye contact with him. I hate him with a passion. One thing was to go after me, but going after my little brother? God only knows what he meant by that.

But it was no way to make Scott hate me; he like forgives me about everything! I start fights with him and hit him—I even slapped twice! I kicked him out of my room God knows only how many times and I keep my distances the best I can. He just goes on and on though about he understand comes of the house I come from and that would actually just make me mad.

Jamie and Sophia were playing in the snow. From what Jamie tells us, they're friends right now, but all his brothers just rolled their eyes and snorted. Jamie hasn’t told her the family secret yet, but he says he just wants them to get to know each before he tells her. What that’s suppose to help? His best secret she should know is he’s a shape shifting werewolf!!

Scott turned around them, his back now facing me. He took my arms and wrapped it around his waist, “I’ll move, keep your legs bent a little, okay?”

I hesitated, but nodded, “Yeah.”.

He started to go slow at first, my feet shaking a little to keep me from falling. Every couple of moments he would go a little fast and I would just holding onto him tighter.

Suddenly we hit a crack in the ice and we tumbled over, me falling onto Scott’s back, his front pressed on the ice. Instead of groaning in pain, we laughed. He turned around and actually saw his nose a little red, telling me his was cold.

“You seem like your in a better mood.” he said, reaching up and pushed a strain of my hair behind my hair that fell from the beanie I was wearing.

Realizing I was, I frowned and rolled off him. “What do you mean? I’ll always in a good mood.” I said with emotion.

He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me. “Abigail, I’m worried about you. Ever since that day your dad came over, you been so…distanced. Can you please tell me what’s wrong so I help you?”