I know I smelt horrible and I had ignored it for the past few months since I couldn't be bother doing anything at all. I was so depressed that I felt no need to do anything.

My face cleared up a bit and my eyes looked slightly brighter. I began to take a shower since I felt the urge to clear up my scent.

Soon afterwards, I smelled something I hadn't smelt in a long time. Roses. The scent of my shampoo and body wash were roses and it smelt so refreshing. I finally felt slightly brighter than I had for the past year.

I looked at myself in the mirror and raised my eyebrows. I looked better than before. For some reason, the shower brought back my youthful looks and I no longer looked like a dying old woman.

I was about to head up to my mum's room holding onto a newspaper which I had been reading when I heard a knock on the door.

Drew's POV

It had been a year since I last heard from May. It was odd not competing against her at all. I was stuck having Brianna being called my rival. My family often teased me about her since I decided to visit Larousse city recently.

"Nurse Joy, is there going to be a contest here this week?" I asked hopefully to the Verdanturf Town nurse joy.

"Yes actually. There will be one happening tomorrow." She assured me.

"Thank you very much." I said gratefully.

I was praying to Arceus that Brianna wasn't going to be here. I had to put up with her the whole of last year and it was horrible. At least she didn't call me Mr Drew anymore. But she did call me Drewy which was just as bad. This is where I really needed May.

"DREWY!" Just my luck.

"Hi Brianna." I said monotonously.

"Are you entering this contest too?" She asked, speaking fast and excitedly like every other time she saw me, which was way too often for my liking.

"Yes." I replied.

"Mark my words, I'll win this time!" She cheered.

I'm sure you will. I thought sarcastically.

"Yeah good luck with that." I snickered.

I walked off not wanting to speak with her any longer.

Two days later

The contest finished yesterday and guess who won. None other than the great Drew Hayden himself. Yes I won, and Brianna didn't even make it to the final round as she had hoped. I decided to catch a bus to Petalburg in hopes that I could finally speak to a special person once again. Something I hadn't done in a year.

May's POV

I clutched the old newspaper from last year within my hands. I opened the door which revealed a middle-aged man who looked unfamiliar to me.

"You must be May Maple." He said with a small smile.

I nodded as I didn't feel the urge to talk. He stared at me as though expecting me to speak, then his expression changed to one of sympathy.

"Look, I know you probably don't want to speak, but I have an important letter that was apparently very urgent. It was to be sent straight to the Maple Residence." He said.

I nodded again, urging him to continue as I was becoming curious.

"It's from someone important. Anyways, you read it as soon as possible. I'll be on my way now." He said with a nod and with a salute that was familiar.

Something only one person I knew did. Drew Hayden. But this man has got to be like ten years older than Drew so I highly doubt that this is Drew anyway.

I looked down at the letter in my hand and I saw the handwriting on the front that was also quite familiar to me. I stared at it for a while then I felt recognition. No way...

It had my name written on the front specifically. I opened the envelope and pulled out a slightly creased piece of paper. It is...

I took a deep breath but decided I'd read it later. Somewhere in private. I checked mum to see her still asleep and I checked on my pokemon who were worn out from their coughing fits. I sighed and went outside of the house for the first time in a year. Everything was still the same, except the heat of the sunlight felt unfamiliar after all this time.

I ended up dropping the old newspaper I had taken with me as well but when I looked back, I saw a flash of green which I decided to ignore as I ran off.

I entered Petalburg woods and found the secret meadow Max and I used to play in when we were little. I sighed with sadness but that was fading into hope. Just a bit.

I pulled out the letter once more and began to read it.

Dear May,

I wish I could have seen you again after the Grand Festival. I'm sorry that I had to do this. I love you so much and I hope to see you soon. I know that you must be worried about me. I'm still here so no need to worry. Don't try and reach out to me, it's too dangerous. I have to cut this letter short because there are issues over here right now. I'll see you whenever I see you again.

- You know who <3

Tears fell down my face in relief. He's still here. And he still cares.

I love you too.

Then I felt a genuine smile creep on to my face. And I was sitting there grinning like an idiot.

---

HMMMMM, I WONDER WHO SENT THE LETTER. I DON'T KNOW BUT I THINK IT'S KIND OF OBVIOUS. UNLESS IT'S NOT.

This was pretty short by the way, sorry about that.

ANYWAYS, I UPDATED! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME???

OKAY WELL,

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AMAZING DAY, AND I THANK YOU IF YOU'VE ACTUALLY MANAGED TO READ THROUGH THIS BOOK SO FAR. I WOULD HAVE NEVER CONTINUED READING PAST THE FIRST PAGE OF THE FIRST CHAPTER.

OKAY BYYEEE

- April

5th Feb, 2018