Sacrifice - Eric/Divergent Fanfiction {SEQUEL to Enigmatic}

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. My hair was a little bit longer, and it wasn't as light as it had been nearly a year ago. I hadn't dyed it, I just figured it was where the sunlight rarely got to it anymore. The Dauntless compound was dark, with dim lights, but I had grown to like it. It was home. The short pieces of hair at the front were now long enough to stay back, and I found myself wondering what it would look like if I cut the bangs back in again, like Mom had done about a year and a half ago. Would it make my face look childish? My eyes scoured my thin, shaped face. Probably not. I doubted anything could make me look young again. The active Dauntless life style had caused all of my puppy fat to disappear, and instead I just had the small curves that had been hidden beneath. I was nothing on Angelina when it came to looks, and body, but I felt confident with my appearance now. Much more than I had when I first left Erudite.

I leaned forwards and used my hand to hold my hair back as I spat the contents of my mouth into the sink. As I stood up properly again, two hands wound around my waist and pulled me flush against another body.

I looked at Eric in the mirror as he rested his chin on my shoulder, and a smile formed on my lips. He hadn't changed much in the time that we had been together, except for the addition of a few more piercings and tattoo's. He was still that big, intimidating guy, with ridiculous amounts of muscle, and scabs all over his knuckles, but he was gorgeous all the same. And he was mine, just as I was his.

"Good morning." He spoke, his voice low.

"Morning." I placed my toothbrush back in the small pot and turned the tap off as he pressed a kiss to my neck, and pulled me tighter against him.

"Lets. Go. Back. To. Bed." He spoke between kisses, and I had to hold in a moan.

"I can't." I sighed and reluctantly teared myself away from him, then turned to face him. I leaned against the sink, and he placed his hands either side of me. "I've got to be in the control room in half an hour."

He smirked. "Plenty of time."

I shook my head. "No. I'm not going to be late again. I'm getting sick of Calvin ranting at me, and I need to go and grab another shirt from mine."

He sighed and pressed a kiss to my lips, then moved out of my way. "Why don't you wear one of the ones you've got here?"

I walked towards the door, and Eric slapped my backside as he followed.

"Because I wear them all the time. It's beginning to look like I'm doing the walk of shame each morning." I looked over my shoulder at him. "Seriously, keep your hands to yourself. I need to get a move on."

"Technically, you wouldn't be doing the walk of shame because you weren't drunk, and it wasn't a one night stand." He pointed out then sighed again. "Can you put some clothes on then? You're teasing me."

I smirked and looked down at the shirt I was wearing. It was his, and it barely covered me. "Don't blame me for your wandering eyes. You could just look at my face... Or in this case, the back of my head."

"But why would I do that when there is something so much more appealing to look at?"

Without looking at him, I already knew that he was smirking.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bedroom. I pulled open the top drawer of the dresser and searched for some underwear. I internally groaned when I realised that I'd run out of clean pairs and grabbed a pair of Eric's boxer shorts. They'd have to do.

"Did you take the washing down to the utility room yesterday?" I questioned, already knowing his answer.

He cursed and flopped down on the bed. "I forgot."