surprises | kashima kotarou x reader

Start from the beginning

"U-Um, alright," y/n whispered under her breath, glumly returning to her seat as she awaited for the arrival of their teacher. She overlooked the gardens for a second and groaned, hitting the desk with a mild bang.

"I'll talk to you later then."

"Well, hopefully."

The sixteen-year-old began to list out all of the supplies needed for this special celebration in honor of y/n. He knew every little detail there was to know about the girl, and made it his goal to plan out a party that screamed out, y/n.

With a week left til her birthday, he knew he had to prepare her birthday party in advance with the help of Saikawa and all of their friends, including his "shaggy" guardian. It was his chance to prove to her how much she really meant to the teenager.

Kotarou reviewed the list once more before starting his search for the man of many roles in this mansion. His orbs catching onto a glimpse of the proper suit, making a run towards the male as he seemed to be heading into the chairwoman's office.

"Saikawa!" he called out, tugging onto the brunette's suit pants.

"Kotarou?" he said, shutting the door that led to his boss's office with no resonance left behind. "Are you alright? You seem a teeny bit light-headed. Perhaps, you should take a nap before you catch yourself a cold."

The teenager shook his head, shoving the list into Saikawa's arms with flushed cheeks. "I-I have the list ready for y/n's birthday party. I was wondering if you'd help me with preparing the treats and meals for the guests."

Saikawa pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose and nodded, returning the list back to sixteen-year-old. "I'd very much love to help you out with this entire set-up. It's very sweet of you to do this for y/n. From the times I've talked to her, she seems like a very sweet girl," he continued in a teasing tone.

"Y-Yeah," the boy stuttered, rubbing the nape of his neck while controlling the blush on his cheeks.

"Oh! I forgot to mention to you that both your niece and brother are visiting this afternoon for dinner. His also stated that his wife will not be attending, due to another business matter," he noted, pulling his phone from his pocket. "I'll leave you to get ready."

Kotarou thanked Saikawa before heading into his bedroom with his heart bursting in excitement. He couldn't wait to see the expression on her face. But for now, he couldn't wait to see his two favorite people in the world.

"Happy birthday, y/n," the raven-haired male exclaimed, catching up to both y/n and his lovely, yet spontaneous girlfriend, Kirin, as they both headed into the drama room. "You're finally sixteen! Can you believe that?"

"Believe, what?" y/n giggled, shoving Kirin to the male teenager as he tried to hug the girl in surprise. "I don't understand the big deal about turning a year older, but thanks anyways."

Kirin shrugged in agreement, letting her boyfriend wrap his arms around her shoulders as they inched near the stage. She was well-informed of the plan for today from Taka and clearly understood that they had to keep both of their guards down for the surprise.