Part 20: The Saint Dismas Graveyard

Start from the beginning

I jump to my right off the landing and slide across the top of the gravelly slope, grabbing one of the ledges on the cliffside. I pull myself up to the ground above me where a cross gravestone sits in some growing grass.

I walk past the cross and look down at the gravelly slope in front of me with a sigh, "There's more sliding up ahead."

"This one looks a bit more dangerous," Sam frowns and points to how the slope slides down to the edge of a cliff.

"Don't die," I warn them, before jumping off the ground and sliding diagonally down the slope to the small section of normal ground at the edge of the cliff.

I make it safely to the ground, standing up and looking over the edge of the cliff to see the long fall. "Ha ha. That was close," I laugh nervously, before waiting for my friends.

"Its better than bungee jumping," Sam chuckles while being the last of the guys to join me.

"Have you ever been bungee jumping?" Nate eyes his brother who smiles sheepishly.

"No, but I'm sure this is better."

"It's actually really fun," I state, and the guys look at me.

"When'd you go bungee jumping?" Harry asks, and I grin.

"Chloe and I did it in Brazil when we were there for a job. If you think you'll like the feeling of falling to your death only to be pulled back up before it happens. Bungee jumping's your thing."

"Wait, when were you in Brazil?" Sam asks, and I chuckle.

"We'll catch up later. Right now, let's focus on sparing your life."

Sam nods, and the four of us step onto a higher part of the ground and climb onto a landing, walking around a wall and over to a pillar we can climb.

"So, this is what you guys have been up to all these years? Jumping around ruins?" Sam grunts as we climb up the pillar and jump over another slope to the top of another pillar.

"Yeah. That and... getting shot at," Nate mutters.

"Don't forget being blown up, punched, kicked, knifed, drugged, must I continue, mate?" Harry smirks, and I nod.

"And it's all because Nate has bad luck," I tut and Nate scowls.

We run across the stone ground, sliding through some gravel to a wall with bricks on it. I climb up the stone bricks to the top and drop down onto another slope, sliding across it to a pillar. I jump off the gravel and grab the edge of the pillar, climbing up to the top and jumping over to the walkway over an archway across from me.

I jog across the walkway and laugh when I reach normal ground again. "And that's that!" Nate says while joining me.

"Not quite. Still gotta climb higher to cross the ravine," Sam points out, and Harry sighs.

"I hope there's no more sliding. My arse is all gravelly," he mutters, and I chuckle.

We run along a path and stop at the edge, looking out to the dormitory gate where the monks stayed. "Now we just have to get over there," I state while turning around and walking over to my right.

I jump and grab onto a wooden post, swinging across it to another. I swing off that post and grab a stone block on the wall, climbing up to one that's higher and grabbing the walkway to my left. I pull myself onto it and grab the ridge on one of the stone beams, climbing around it and grabbing the stone on the the wall. I reach up and grab the edge of another walkway, pulling myself onto the narrow ground and walking across it.