Part 20: The Saint Dismas Graveyard

Start from the beginning

I rush forward and jump on his back, snapping his neck and pushing him off the walkway. "What was that?" the last of the mercenaries whispers on the other side of the archway.

He walks through and I grab his arm and swing him around, slamming his skull into the stone wall. His forehead hits the stone and he falls to the ground dead. "That's all of them!" I call down to my friends and they join me on the walkway.

Sam looks down at one of the mercenaries bodies than at me. "Did you have to crack his head open?" he asks me, his eyes twinkling in amusement.

"I didn't have to, but it was easier to." I grin and do finger guns, before turning around and heading over to the edge of a cliff. "Anyway, I'm going to trade my treasure hunting life in to become a ninja."

"And lose the chance to get all kinds of treasure and money?" Harry asks, and I pout.

"Never mind."

"That's what I thought, love."

Nate, Sam, Harry, and I climb across the ridge of a cliff towards a flat landing. I look over the landing to see a branch coming out from the side of the cliff across from us, and I toss my grappling hook over. The hook wraps around it, and I jump off the cliff and swing over. I use my feet to brace for impact with the stone, and I hit the side of the cliff with an 'oof'.

"You okay?" Nate asks, and I nod my head.

"Just fine," I chuckle and swing over to a ledge on the cliffside.

I jump and grab it, scaling the rocks above it to the very top. "It's clear!" I call down to Harry, Nate, and Sam, and they make their way over to me.

"Right beyond those walls," Nate points at the old monk temple to our left.

"We can't get over the ravine, so we have to go around," I say while sliding down a gravelly slope into some high grass.

The guys follow me and we quiet down when we hear some mercenaries to our left. "Shit, more of 'em. Let's take them out quietly," Sam whispers, and I move to a different section of high grass and take cover behind a stone block.

"The American sure isn't making any friends," one of the mercenaries says, and I drop down and hold the ledge of the cliff, sliding across it to my right.

"Well, as long as his money's good, that's fine by me," a different mercenary responds and I realize they're talking about Rafe.

One of the men stand right above me, and I grab him and throw him off the cliff to his death. Nate grabs the second mercenary and pulls him into the high grass, snapping his neck; while Sam takes out the third mercenary that was patrolling a landing above the gravelly slope.

"All right, lets keep moving," Sam says, and Harry helps me back up from where I was hanging from.

We join Sam on the landing where the third mercenary was and I look around, forming a plan for us to get across. "Okay you guys, follow my lead."

I jump off the landing and slide through the gravel towards a stone pillar, pushing off the gravel once I'm close and grabbing the top of it. I pull myself up, before jumping off and sliding down the gravel towards another pillar. I push myself off the rocks when I'm close enough and grab the ridges on the side of the pillar, climbing up to the flat top.

"Smart idea, love," Harry says, and I smirk while jumping over to the next pillar, grabbing the ridge on the side of it.

I climb to the ridge above me, before grabbing the edge of the top and pulling myself up. I walk across the top and jump towards a stone wall, grabbing one of the blocks on the side. I climb up the stone bricks to the top and run across what used to be the walkway over an archway, jumping to the landing across from me.