Chapter 2

Craig's POV

I was in my English class trying to concentrate but I couldn't accept what Kyle did.

Obviously it was not a prank since I ate the cupcake. I know it was the dumbest thing to do but his emerald eyes tempted me. As a result, it was delicious. The flavour was perfect so no problems caused but still couldn't help to question if he done it out of remorse? pity? Or gratitude?

The only answer he gave me is this...

I think you need it more than I do.

He was sure right about that. The cupcake sure gave me the energy boost that I needed.

"Now class today you'll be assigned on group project in pairs of two. I want you to write a detailed report including quotes about one of the themes of Macbeth. Obviously, I will pick the groups." The English teacher said.

Everybody moaned.

"Everyone has to cooperate. If you don't work with your assigned partner, you will get an F. Now when I call out the names I want you to pair up and discuss about your assignment. Understand?" She asked.

Everybody nodded.

"So let's see...

"Kenny Mcormik and Butters Stotch."

"Clyde Donovan and Bebe Stevens."

"Tolkien Black and Nichole Daniels."

She kept calling names until...

"Stan Marsh and Wendy Testaburger."

What?! That means....

"And last but not least Craig Tucker and Kyle Brovloski." She said.

As I looked at Kyle, he looked at me. He gave me a smile which made my stomach churn. Obviously, I gave him a small smile back.

Usually Kyle was paired up with Stan almost at every group assignment we had. This was one of things which indicated that they were inseparable. From the look of Kyle's facial expression, he didn't mind being partners with me at all.

Turns out this was our first group assignment. I can't help but feel excited about it. Why am I saying this? It's not like this group assignment with Kyle is going to be different like the other group assignments that I had with Clyde,Token and....

Tweek.

Here, comes the wave of sadness.

I remember where Tweek and I usually end up doing something else rather than doing the project. We got to know more about each other than about the project.

But still, would it be the same with Kyle? Wait, What am I.....

Then my thoughts were interrupted.

"Hey, are you sure you're gay? You've been staring at the English teacher for the past two minutes." Kyle said as he brought a chair and sat next to me.

"I don't think she's my type." I said.

Kyle laughed and said, " Well...considering your grumpy mood I think you'll fit right in."

I smiled and said sarcastically, "Ha ha ha. Very funny."

Kyle smiled back which suddenly caused my stomach to have butterflies. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"So let's discuss about the project." Kyle said.

"Yeah...sure." I said.

"So which theme do you wanna do? Supernatural? Deception?...." Kyle asked.

"I think Deception sounds good." I said.

Kyle laughed and said," That's the first time I heard the words 'Deception' and 'good' in the same sentence."

Craig smiled and asked, "How about we do the project after school at my place? My parents are attending my sister's show."

"Sounds like a plan." Kyle said.

The bell rang.

Everyone exited the class.

As I went to my locker and put my books, I noticed that Kyle was next to me.

Wait...since when Kyle's locker was next to mine.

Then I noticed that he was overwhelmed with books and was about to lose his balance until I helped him by catching the few books he dropped.

"Need a little help?" I asked.

"Thanks Craig." Kyle said as he began to place his books into the empty locker.

That's when the thought struck me. This was Tweek's locker and now it's Kyle's.

Kyle noticed my saddened face and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise..."

"It's okay. At least, now we're even." I said.

"Yeah." Kyle said.

"So what happened to your old locker?" I asked.

"Well it was damaged and vandalized by a certain Fatass next to me." Kyle said as he frowned and crossed his arms.

"Well today is your lucky day because Craig Tucker, your new locker buddy, won't be interested in vandalizing or damaging your locker." I teased.

Kyle laughed and said, "You better not be interested because you'll end up like Cartman after I gave him a piece of my mind."

"You? With those noodle arms? I don't think so." I said.

"Well I'm a guy who is full of suprises." Kyle said.

"We'll see about that." I said.

The bell rang again.

"Well I guess I'll meet you after school." I said.

"I'll be waiting in front of the school. See ya." Kyle said.

Then he took off.

I couldn't feel of how things happened so fast.

First, Kyle gave me a cupcake.

Second, we became partners in an English project.

Third, he became my locker neighbour.

Coincidence? I think not but the idea slip out of my mind when I stared at Kyle again in the distance.