Arcane Trials

48 year old Wayne was sitting in his room next to his wife on the bed. "We've lived here for 10 years, I hope the people looking today like the house, babe." Janet, his wife said. "I think they will. They said they're looking for a place that's in the woods and the nearest place from here is 9 miles." Wayne said. "Yeah." Janet said, looking at her feet. "Look, I know it's lonely out here." Wayne said as he rubbed her dark brown hair. "Yeah, it's just that I really wanna move back home before mom..." Janet said before she trailed off. "I know." Wayne said, rubbing her back.

Meanwhile:

Eric and his younger brother, Vryce, were outside. Eric was on a swing. "Dude, you're 17. Why're you swinging?" Vryce asked, laughing. "Ummm, because I want to." Eric said. "Okay." Vryce said, rolling his eyes. "See this? This is called kicking. Something you know nothing about." Eric said with a playful grin. "So what? You have your trophies, I have my straight A's." Vryce said, crossing his arms and looking away with his eyes closed. Just then, the old tree that the swing was on began to crumble. Eric got off. "Woah!" Eric yelled. Nah, no big deal. That things been doing that for the past year." Vryce . "No, look!" Eric said, pointing to a golden block that fell out of the tree. "Hmmm..." Vryce said as he walked over. Eric kicked the tree and more decayed wood fell off, revealing a tower of gold inside of the tree. "Oh my god!" Vryce yelled. Eric could practically see the dollar signs in Vryce eyes and he stared at the tower of gold. He knocked the rest of the tree off and it fell off like a dirt shell that was around the gold. It was a tower of gold that went up the length of the tree. "This is insane!" Eric yelled. "I bet there's more!" Vryce said as he picked up a shovel and began to dig.

Meanwhile:

"Ugh. What time are they supposed to come here?" Janet asked. "Why're you so frustrated? We're going to get out of here." Wayne said. "I'm not upset. I'm just bored with this place." Janet said. "Which makes you frustrated." Wayne said. "Okay! You win! Jeez." Janet said as she got up and walked outside. She saw the massive tower of gold. "What the-?" She said as she walked over. "What's going on here?" She asked as she saw Eric walk up from a giant hole. "Mom! There's a cavern under the swing!" Eric yelled. "Haha. Like a really big hole?" Wayne asked as he walked out. "No! Literally a cavern!" Eric yelled. "Whe-where's your brother?" Janet asked. "In the cavern. He's already talking about how much money we're going to make off of this. Selling the gold and minerals." Eric explained. "I've got to see this." Wayne said. He walked over and looked down the hole. It had perfectly formed stairs made of stone. "What on earth?" Wayne said as he walked down the stairs. He made a left turn and was in a huge room. It looked endless. There was a mountain of gold in the back of the room with a bronze statue of a horse with ruby eyes on top of the mountain of gold. The room was lined with these cubes of mineral that produced its own light. "Oh. My. God." Janet said as she came in behind Wayne along with Eric. "Is this place stable?" Janet asked. "Looks it." Vryce said as he walked from behind a statue of a man. "Who's that?" Wayne asked, pointing to he statue. It was a golden statue of a man holding an unlit torch. He wore a large crown on his head and was completely bald. "No way this is life-sized. He'd've had to been 7 feet tall." Janet said. They all looked at a stream that ran through the caver. It was lifted up by a bit of rock and encased on the sides. It didn't look natural. Under the flowing, clear water, sparkling rubies and diamonds could be seen. "This place is gorgeous." Wayne said. "And it's on our land. We own it!" Vryce said, rubbing his hands together. "I say we do tours for the county." Eric said. "No! We keep this a secret and use the gold at our own will." Vryce said.

20 years later:

8 year old Sammy sat with his father, Eric on a balcony, watching happy tourists pass through and look at the cavern. "How did you end up owning it all, dad?" Sammy asked. "Well, it is extremely rare to be lucky enough to find your own cavern. Only one person can have ownership of it at once." Eric explained. "Yeah?" Sammy said. "It was my father. When he passed 16 years ago, I was blessed with access to the cavern and to do whatever I want with it." Eric said. "So you made it this great place." Sammy said. "No, God did. I merely aloud the people access to it. Your uncle Vryce wanted to sell it all and destroy this beautiful place. Luckily enough for me, my father left it to me due to age. See, Vryce is two years younger than me. I was 17 when the will was written and he was 15. Big difference." Eric went on. "Who will own this place after you?" Sammy asked. "You will, son." Eric said. Sammy looked down at the tourists. Same of them were walking from the gift shop that was built into the side of the cavern. Lights had been installed along the walls and the ceiling was reinforced. Arrows on the now tiled floors directed then on where to go with labels. The horse statue atop the mountain of gold remained but the pile was blocked off for security purposes. "All of it?" Sammy asked with an excited grin. "Yes. Everything here will be yours to do with as you please." Eric said. "So. I say, for your summer vacation....you should learn how to run this place." Eric said, fixing his short, dark red hair with his fingers. "Sounds cool, dad. I think I will." Sammy said. He stepped down from the balcony with on stairs. He walked to the main floor and turned right. He went down a long, huge ramp covered with tourists walking about. He went deeper and past the waterfall that was fenced off with a golden chain to prevent accidents. A man was standing by the edge and looking over. "Cool view, isn't it, Sammy?" The man said. Sammy wasn't surprised because everyone in town knew all the names of his family. They had become a part of the history due to helping the town so much with tours and donations. "Yes, yes it is. who'd ya come with?" Sammy asked. "Just by myself." The man replied. "Oh, cool." Sammy said as he walked on by and the man went back to looking at the water smashing against the rocks below. He went down a straight stretch and got to a door. He unlocked it and went down a long hallways. He unlocked another door with a different key to the private quarters, only for the Steel family. He sat down in a chair and turned on a tv. The wires ran up and out of the cavern for signal.