My Queen

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fanfiction for "The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings", and is not endorsed by the originator(s) of the work. All official characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement, offense, or solicitation is intended. This story has been written for entertainment value only. No profit is being made from this writing. Note, all original characters contained herein copyrighted to MoonofMorrigan.

Pairing: Thranduil x Reader (or his wife)

Author's Note: I couldn't ignore my own headcanon about King Thranduil's wife anymore. So, ignore the movies concept of her being deceased. She is alive and well, and you, dear reader, are playing her part in this story. ^_~ This story is also a gift for a friend of mine. I hope she, and you enjoy it. Feel free to reblog/retweet, like/kudos and/or comment if you wish.

MY QUEEN

BY MOONOFMORRIGAN

For miresgaleth.

Your hair was still dripping with water when you entered the chambers you shared with your husband. The air hit you as a cooling wind while you walked through the bath house to the royal bedchambers. You clutched at the thin white robe trimmed with gold which you had about your otherwise naked form.

When you entered you noted the barrenness of the room. It seemed strange to you. More to the point you noted your husband seated on the floor on a bed of furs in front of the fireplace, a goblet of wine in his hand. He peered into the orange flames as if transfixed. He had apparently been awaiting your return as there was another glass goblet sitting beside him full and untouched, beside it a plate of something. You couldn't make it out. Quietly, you padded over to him in your bare feet, stopping only when you came to his side, and sat down. You knew he was aware of your presence even though he did not look at you.

You both sat silently for a moment, then he finally spoke just barely above a whisper, "I never dreamed this time would come. The time when we would leave these halls for the west."

"You speak of it as if it is a time of mourning, not rejoicing. We have built our ships, and our beloved kin will go west with us. We will see Legolas once more, along with our other children. Does not that thought at least fill you with some joy?"

"Yes, of course my love," he remarked with a nod of his head, "it is merely that we leave behind our memories of this place, and can never return to revisit them." His voice became softer with his next words as he finally looked at you, "We will never make love in these chambers again..."

You can't help the small smile that comes to your lips at these words. He looks away into the embers once more, then next to him at the unused goblet and the dish beside it. He takes the goblet into his hands and hands it to you with a gentle smile. Perhaps that little confession of what was on his mind embarrassed him a little? You can't help giggling a little before you raise the cup to your lips. As you sip at it, he eyes you in a "oh don't tease me manner" before turning his attention to the dish. He lifts it carefully to your eye view and you see upon it your favorite cakes and confections. You set your goblet down as you take in the different varieties of baked goods set on the small dish.

"I cannot give you much of a gift now, as any and all treasures that could buy such are on the ships already, but I wanted you to know I have not forgotten this is the anniversary of your birth."