-Die Mythologie hinter den Sternzeichen-

🌹❤🌹

Ich habe dies in einem speziellen Buch gelesen und es zusammengefasst. Das Buch ist auf englisch, also hatte ich es mal übersetzt,
aber auf deutsch klang es scheiße xD
Deshalb sind die kurzen Texte auch auf englisch.

_____

PISCES

In the sky, Pisces is represented as two fish swimming at right angles to each other, one to the north and one to the west. They are attached by a cord. The fish themselves are apparently the Greek goddess Aphrodite and her son, Eros, who turned into fish and jumped into the Euphrates River to evade the fiery breath of the monster Typhon.

ARIES

In Greek mythology, Aries represents the ram whose fleece was sought by Jason and the Argonauts. When King Athamus of Boetia took a second wife, Ino, she was resentful of his existing children, especially his son, Phrixus, and she wanted him sacrificed. Zeus responded to the pleadings of Phrixus' mother, Nephele, by sending a golden ram to save Phrixus and his sister Helle. Helle did not survive but Phrixus did and sacrificed the ram to Zeus and gave its golden fleece to King Aettes. The fleece was eventually stolen by Jason.

CANCER

The constellation of Cancer represents the giant crab that attacked Hercules during the second of the 12 labors he performed as penance for killing his family. It was sent by the jealous goddess Hera to thwart Hercules as he battled the water serpent Hydra, but he killed it with his club.

LIBRA

The association with scales and balance began with the ancient Babylonians, with the scales representing the balance between the seasons as well as day and night. The ancient Greeks viewed Libra as the claws of Scorpius reaching out. To the Romans, Libra represented the scales of justice being held by the goddess Virgo or Astraea.

CAPRICORN

The constellation has its roots in the cultures of Sumeria — which identified it with a mythical figure that was half goat and half fish — and Babylonia, which portrayed it as a goat-human hybrid. The Greeks associate the constellation with Pan, the god of nature. Part of Pan's lore was that he helped Zeus fight the Titans to earn his spot in the heavens. He escaped the monster Typhon by jumping into the Nile, but only half of his body was submerged, so he was a fish in the part of his body that remained underwater. Other spins on the tale have the constellation associated with Amalthaea, the mythical goat that acted as a foster mother to Zeus as an infant.

VIRGO

Virgo is typically linked to Dike, the Greek goddess of justice, and Persephone, the daughter of Demeter, the harvest goddess. According to Greek mythology, the earth experienced eternal spring until the god of the underworld abducted the spring maiden Persephone.

LEO

Leo is the Nemean Lion, which was killed by Hercules on one of the 12 labors he had to perform for killing his family. According to Greek mythology, the lion that terrorized the citizens had a hide that could not punctured by iron, bronze or stone. Having broken all of his weapons fighting the man-eating lion, Hercules finally strangled it to death and placed it in the heavens as one of his conquests.

GEMINI

Although the twins Castor and Pollux shared the same mother, Leda, the Queen of Sparta, they had different fathers. Castor's father was Leda’s husband, Tyndarus, the King of Sparta. Pollux's father was the god Zeus, making Pollux immortal while his twin brother Castor was mortal. The twins, whose sister was Helen of Troy, fought together in the Trojan War. When the mortal Castor eventually died, Pollux was distraught. Pollux’s father, Zeus, decided to make Castor immortal as well and the two of them are together forever as the constellation Gemini.

AQUARIUS

The Greeks linked this constellation with Ganymede, the cup bearer to the gods. According to lore, Ganymede was a good-looking young man who was the object of Zeus' affection and was brought to Mount Olympus, where he served as cup bearer to the gods and was granted eternal youth. Aquarius has also has various meanings and associations in other cultures. Babylonian astronomers identified the constellation as representing the god Ea, or "The Great One," which was often pictured with an overflowing vessel. In ancient Egypt, the water bearer’s jar was said to cause the spring overflow of the Nile when it was dipped into the river. The Chinese astronomers viewed the "stream" as soldiers.

TAURUS

When Zeus fell in love with the Phoenician princess Europa, he transformed himself into a white bull with golden horns to whisk her away to Crete. While Taurus is prominent in Greek mythology, he also plays a role in the mythologies of Ancient Babylon and Egypt.

SCORPIO

Scorpius and Orion are often intertwined in Greek mythology. According to one myth, Orion boasted that he would kill every animal on the earth. The goddess-hunter Artemis and her mother, Leto, dispatched a scorpion to kill Orion. Zeus put the scorpion in the heavens after it won the battle. In another myth, the god Apollo, Artemis's twin brother, grew angry and sent a scorpion to attack Orion because he claimed to be a better hunter than Artemis. Zeus put Orion and Scorpius in the sky, but they are visible at different times of the year.

SAGITTARIUS

The Greeks identify Sagittarius as a centaur, horse-human hybrid with the body of a man atop the four legs of a horse. The creature is aiming an arrow toward its neighbor Scorpio. The lore has Sagittarius the Archer shooting Scorpio the Scorpion, which had been sent to kill Orion the Hunter. Sagittarius is sometimes confused with another centaur, Chiron of the Centaurus constellation. The Babylonians associated Sagittarius with the god Pabilsaĝ, who had two heads (one human, one panther), wings and was sometimes called "the wild bull with multicolored legs.

______

Ein etwas anderes Kapitel.
Ich hoffe, dass euch diese Abwechslung gefallen hat :)

🌹❤🌹