Fault 💠 Kiyoharu

"Good Morning :D" I read the text she sent me.

There's something that was bothering me these past few weeks

There's something that was bothering me these past few weeks. I've been quite busy with competitions and practicing, and it felt like I don't love her anymore, since we seldom spent time with each other.

To be exact, I already like somebody else.

"Let's meet, I have something very important to tell you." I sent as a reply.

She insisted on wanting to know what it was, but I didn't send another reply.

We met up at a cafe near the dance studio. It was really hot outside and when I entered she took out a handkerchief and wiped my sweat.

She looked stunning in a little dress, and her face painted happiness

"What do you want to eat? I'll order now." She said, keeping the hanky in her purse.

"No, this'll be quick." Says me as I rubbed my temples. "Let's break up."

"What? You're joking, right?" She said with cloudy eyes, holding back the tears as her voice cracked.

"I'm serious."

"Why?"

I can't bear to tell her the truth that I already like someone else, it'll crush her heart more. We've been in a relationship for several years, and I just lied and told her:

"Things are not working out as they were, I'm busy and I have no time for you anymore."

"Why? Am I a hindrance to your dreams? We'll work this out, just don't leave me, please." She cried, tears gushing from her eyes.

But I still left.

After that I went to get my new girl. She was overjoyed and we celebrated it by drinking at her apartment room, and little did I know that we did it.

I recieved a message from her mother, and it was quarter before one a.m. , and my new girlfriend was lying beside me.

"Kiyoharu-kun, (y/n) is dead, she got hit by a car."

I wanted to cry after reading it, but my guilt stopped me from doing so. I was the reason that that thing happened to her. I was too selfish, that I even set her emotions aside.

I quickly get dressed and went back to my house.

"You look so pale, is everything alright?" My mom asked.

"Yes, I'm fine......"

But I'm really not.

"Your girlfriend stayed here for a couple of hours, she waited too long for you, where have you been?" She added.

What?

"She went home at eleven, and she also left a note at your door, just check it, dear."

"Ok, I'll just go to my room now, I think I need to sleep."

Every step I took got heavier and heavier as I got near to the door.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY"

A sticky note was on my door.

It was our anniversary today. I didn't even remember.

It was the day that I broke up with her.

The day that I lost her.