Prologue

I am sorry that I forgot to do this, but here is the well deserved credit of the cover. -dragonsheart

"Go, my child, you have been called. Prepare yourself for what is to become." Her mother whispered into the shaking child's ear. She was then handed over to the German soldier, "Carry on being, my little Gems. Never. Give. Up." And with that she has hauled away, separated from her mother.

She was calm, until she heard the sounds of gunshots, and screaming. They'd killed her family, her Mama. She was left, alone in this horrid world. A seventeen year old, very small for her age, with no family, left, and she had heard them die.

That day just went round as blurs, she was left without a family. She'd never left her mother's side, she was homeschooled, so they could not get to her. This would be the first time she was without her Mama. It hurt. She did not know why they took her, maybe because she was getting high grades, but, why not take other people, why her? She felt pain shot through her arm, bringing her to the real world. Then everything went dark.

"Subject 125 has just gone under, the outer shell is forming. Hatching under gems, keeping to her name. Thought we owe her that." A doctor said to, the man that stood before him, Hitler.
"I want that egg put on special treatment, this child seemed different, that is why I hand-picked her. She has high grades, no family, strong spirit and she has this way will reptilians. A lizard was about to hurt someone, but she calmed it and took it home. That lizard is to be added her DNA, have you done that?" Hitler said.
"Yes, we added it to the DNA that we have injected into the subject. It may raise the survival rate." He replied. The ruler nodded and left the building.

It had been a day, a hard, black shell had formed around the girl. They'd moved her into a small, glass cage. There was a gem placed above the egg, it glowed a calming white, like the moon. It shined differently when the moon phases changed. They call it the Moon Stone.

Two more days passed by, only slight movement from the egg reassured them that she was alive. Just as the doctor left, placing food and drink in the cage, the egg started to rock violently. Not hearing the noise, the doctor left the room, locking it on the way out.