"Why would you do that?" Am I going to regret asking that? Let's find out.

"Because... you're important." I swear my mouth is going to drop open any second now.

"Well I hope you know I'd do the same for you," I say, and I'm not lying.

"Thank you."

"No, thank you," I say.

"I think now is an appropriate time. I'm sorry Andi stopped us from talking. I always wanted to but... it was a little... hard," he states.

"It's okay. I mean, we get to talk now... even if it is in secret." It kind of sucks that we can't even be friends in public because of Andi. It's weird how we used to be friends. It seems like just yesterday we were the Good Hair Crew.

"I know. I don't want to hurt Andi but I also want to actually talk to you in school and stuff," he admits.

"Look, don't think I'm being anything less than genuine when I say this, but sometimes you have to be selfish. If you have to put your own happiness above someone else's, then you have to do it. I know you love to make people happy, but you can't please everyone. But, the one person you can make happy is yourself," I suggest.

Before he can respond, Buffy busts through the door to reenter the game.

"Jonah," she says, slightly out of breath.

"Dare," he responds.

"I dare you... to hold Cyrus' hand for three minutes." Excuse me?

"What?" I ask before I can even process that.

"I can't do that if he isn't comfortable with it," he says.

"You literally smacked me Jonah. I don't think this could be any worse than that." Why does Buffy always do this to me.

I sit frozen for a few seconds before Jonah takes a deep breath, knocking me out of my trance.

"Are you sure Buffy?" he asks.

"What happened to Jonah " I don't turn down a dare" Beck?" she smirks.

Taking another deep breath, he holds his hand out. Is this actually happening right now? This has to be a dream. Why is Buffy doing this?

I just sit and stare at his hand. What do I do?

"Look, I know this is awkward but can you please help me complete my dare?" he asks. I nod my head and reluctantly reach for his hand. "Which way is more... comfortable?" He interlocks our fingers and then moves them back into the original position.

"Uhh, whatever is good for you. It's gonna be awkward either way," I say. He moves them back into being interlocked. I can feel his pulse in his fingers, and I'm sure he can feel mine too.

Both of our arms are really stiff, our hands resting on the floor. "I guess I have to ask you then," he says.

"I mean you don't have to," I say.

"Just pick one." He laughs.

"Truth," I respond, because quite frankly, a dare would be really awkward to do right now.

"How uncomfortable is this making you on a scale from zero to ten?" That's a good question. Buffy glances at me and smirks.

"I'd say about a five. At the start it was definitely around a twelve," I answer, causing them both to laugh.

As much as this is uncomfortable, part of me is really enjoying this. His hands are so soft and warm and they feel safe, like home.

"How long has it been?" I ask.