chapter four

"Are you guys ready for the best night of your entire lives?" Buffy asks, smiling as wide a Cheshire Cat. I can't deal with her.

"I don't know about best night, but you can try," I say, causing her and Jonah to laugh. I didn't even think what I said was that funny.

"Well let me detail what is going on. I made plans. First, we are going to eat these," she says, tossing us each a bag of chips. "Then, we are going to play truth or dare, then we are going to watch a movie until we fall asleep."

"Truth or dare? Couldn't you pick something more original?" I ask, because if I know Buffy, this isn't ending well.

"Truth or dare is cool though," Jonah adds.

"Fine. Truth or dare it is," I say. Jonah turns around and Buffy winks at me. I stick my tongue out at her and walk away.

"When should we start that because we have plenty of time?" Buffy asks.

"Whenever you guys want," I say.

"Hey, no time is better than the present," Jonah says.

"Okay. Sit on the floor," Buffy demands, pointing down for emphasis. Jonah listens immediately, and I reluctantly sit down. Buffy joins us, and her eyes move back and forth between us a few times. I swear she is going to be dead before the night is over.

"Cyrus, truth or dare?" she asks.

This could potentially be an easy question, because I doubt she would be difficult in the beginning. I'm going to have to be very careful and calculate every answer.

"Uh, dare." I hope I don't regret this.

"I dare you to stand up," she says. What the heck? I follow her dare anyways.

"What is the point of this? When can I sit down?" I ask.

"Whenever I saw so. And I just wanted to make you uncomfortable because now we have to look up at you." Pure evil.

"Okay, Jonah I guess," I mumble.

"Dare," he replies. I have a great idea.

"I dare you to smack Buffy."

"Hey!" she yells.

"I'm sorry Buffy, but I don't turn down a dare," he says.

"Noted," she states.

Jonah leans towards her and just smacks her in the face.

"Weak," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Did you want me to try to hurt you?" he threatened.

"Some effort would be appreciated," she jokes.

"Oh just you wait. Truth or dare?"

"Dare." She looks directly into his eyes, a slight smirk growing on her face.

"I dare you to go outside and make five laps around your house," he says.

"I could do ten easily. This is nothing." She jumps off the floor and takes off out the door.

"I really wish I could sit down," I say.

"Just do it," he says.

"I don't want to be murdered Jonah," I say. He stands up and grabs my shoulder, pulling me down to the floor.

"So you're okay with being murdered?" I laugh.

"If it saves your life, sure," he says. Can we not start this again? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.