Dancers Just Wanna Have Fun

Magsimula sa umpisa

A few short moments later I heard shouting and the door opened. Louis practically ran in as the paparazzi screamed and yelled for his attention. The guy in the black suit shut the doors and and commotion ceased.

He gave his coat to a woman and then he saw me. He spoke to the hostess and then motioned for me to follow. The hostess took us to a private booth. She left and then there were two. There were a couple moments of silence before he finally broke it. "So congratulations on making the school."

"Thank you. Uhm, congrats on your success."

"Thanks. So how long have you been dancing?"

"My whole life. My mom was a dancer. As soon as I could walk I was walking like a dancer even. At the age of three I had the feet of a dancer as well. So when I was four, they enrolled me into dance school and that's how it has been my whole life. Dance, dance, dance. Nothing else."

He laughed and I asked, "What?"

"Oh, nothing. Nothing."

"Okay, well how long have you been singing?"

"Same as you. But my whole life didn't revolve around it like yours does. I-"

"Now hold on! My whole life doesn't revolve around just dancing." Okay, that was a total lie.

"Oh? Then what?"

"Well...... There's.... School. And....... Umm....." I had no idea.

"Exactly!"

"Well, sorry if I love what I do."

"I love what I do too, but that doesn't mean I only pay attention to that one thing in particular. I have fun. That's what life's about."

"Says you."

"Alright! Fine. I surrender. But promise me you will do at least one fun thing in your life. Other than dance."

"Sure." The waiter came out and asked what we would want for drinks. I ordered a water and Louis ordered a milkshake.

We drank in silence as I looked at the menu. He looked also and the waiter came shortly and I ordered a Tbone steak and he ordered the pasta. He took our menus then we were left alone once again.

"So, why do you dance."

"Its unexplainable, really. There are a million reasons why but the only thing I can really say is why not? So why do you sing?"

"Because singing is an escape. I love it."

The food came and we ate in silence. I ate half of the steak and some of the vegetables. Louis ate all the pasta in the time it took me to eat half the steak. I finished my water and Louis finished his milkshake.

We sat there in silence once more. But it wan't and awkward silence. It was a comfortable silence. Like there was nothing really to say. Our eyes said it all. Finally Louis spoke up. "Remember your promise on doing something fun for once?"

"Yes......" I said already regretting it.

"Well, I think that its time you fulfilled that promise." Louis whispered before saying louder to a nearby waiter, "Check, please." The waiter brought the check and we both reached for it at the same time. We had a staring contest.

"I got it." I offered as I reached in my clutch for one of my credit cards.

"No, I took you out. I will get it."

We had another intense staring contest and his blue eyes got more intense by the second. "Fine!" I surrendered. "But at least let me get the tip." Now reaching for some money. I pulled out two twenties and we left.