Chapter 2

"Damn I did a good fucking job!", She yelled looking at me.

I laughed as she covered my eyes and took me to the full length mirror. She uncovered my eyes and I looked at the "new" me.

"OMG I love it!!!", I screamed.

"You definitely school ready girl", She told me handing me some bags filled with my new clothes.

"Thanks Nessa!", I said as I hugged her and headed for the door.

"Tomorrow be here at 7:10 sharp so I can make sure your ready and we'll go sign you up for school", She yelled to me as I was placing my bags in the backseat. I told her okay and left and went back home. Once I got home I carried my bags upstairs and started putting them up.

"So Nessa gave ya a new look huh", Eli asked startling me.

"Dammit Elijah why you gotta be scaring me and shit", I yelled.

"Just wanted to know what my lil sis was up too damn my b", He said and left.

I rolled my eyes at his remark then started laying things out for school. After that I ate some dinner and went to sleep shortly after.

The Next Day....

I gave myself one last look in the mirror and quietly walked down the stairs, but it was pretty impossible in my wedges on wooden stairs. I made it down the stairs and went to the key bowl to not find my keys. They were no where to be found! I spent a good five minutes searching for them till I heard a jingle.

"Looking for these baby sis", Eli said twirling my keys on his finger.

"Gimme those", I said trying to snatch them away, but he was much taller than me and just held them up above me.

"Where you going looking like that and this early in the morning?", He asked.

"Ugh please don't tell mom and dad but Nessa is enrolling me in a high school not to far away from here", I admitted.

"I'm going with you", He said grabbing a random backpack I'd never seen before.

"Wait huh!?", I asked again not hearing him clearly.

"CeCe I'm tired of being sheltered like this too, as much as I don't like school I still wanna go and get a life", He explained.

"Alright well still gimme my keys", I demanded.

"Haha nah I'm driving", He said and walked out to MY car.

We drove to Nessa's house and she was waiting on her porch tapping her foot repeatedly.

"What took you so long were already late!?", She asked.

"I'm sorry but Eli wants to go to school to", I said looking at her with my innocent eyes.

"Y'all are something else but aight lets go", She said getting in her own car.

I plugged the school's address into my GPS and Vanessa followed behind us. We finally pulled up to the huge school, and got out. We followed Vanessa as she walked into the main office.

"Hello Im here to enroll my children in school", She smiled to the assistant behind the desk.

"Alright just fill out these forms and I'll need your kids to come with me so I can give them there schedules and ID cards", She handed Nessa a bunch of papers and a pen. We followed her to a different room and she took our pics and gave us temporary paper IDs, and she sat a computer and typed for a couple minutes. Then she got up and walked to the printer and handed us each a yellow sheet of paper and then took us back to where Vanessa was.