6 | nosebleeds.

"Peyton went m-missing."

THE WORDS finally came out, as I continued to sob into Stan's shoulder. He leaned back so he could look into my eyes, as the look of horror washed over his face.

"Why didn't you tell me Vi?" He asked, looking slightly hurt, "I would have been here for you sooner, and you wouldn't have had to go through this alone".

I looked back at him, replying slowly, "I-I didn't want to believe it was t-true, th-that she's gone".

His eyes softened once again, and he put his arm around me. "Don't worry, you'll get through this, and I'll be here for you no matter what".

I couldn't help but smile, even though tears were rushing down my cheeks.

"Thank you Stan, you have no idea how much this means to me," I confessed.

He smirked, replying, "It's nothing," before placing a small kiss on the top of my head.

The gang appeared behind us, finding Stan letting me cry onto his shoulder as he hugged me, trying to calm me down.

"Hey guys, what's taking so lon--" Richie questioned sarcastically, obviously meaning something else, but he soon cut himself off as the group realized I was crying.

"Aww Vi, what's wrong?" Beverly cooed softly, coming over to give me a hug, the rest of the group following closely behind.

I looked up at Stan slowly, asking him to tell them, not quite feeling like repeating the news again.

"Her sister went missing," he stammered, as everyone grew quiet.

"Shit," Eddie mumbled, as we all turned to look at him.

Bill spoke up slowly, "I-It's going t-to be ok-k-kay Violet, sh-sh-she's just m-m-missing. We'll f-find her," smiling weakly at me.

I smiled back, realizing I was still leaned on Stan's shoulder at this point. I leaned back slowly, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Thanks guys," I sniffed.

"We were thinking about going to Ben's house, are you feeling well enough to go?" Eddie asked softly.

"I think I'm probably just going to head home," I replied, just wanting to take a nice long nap after what had been a hectic day.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Stan asked, as he began to walk towards his bike.

"It's okay Stan, I can get home by myself," I answered, not wanting him to miss out on time with his friends.

He hesitated before replying, "fine, but i'm coming over later."

I nodded, and began to head towards my bike.  My bed was calling my name, and I just wanted to fall asleep after a long day.  As I hopped on the bike and rode away, after waving goodbye to the others, I began my journey home. It would seem farther than it actually was, but I wanted to get home as quickly as possible. 

•••••

I woke up after my long nap to a tapping on my window.  My bedroom was on the first floor, so it wasn't shocking to see Stan in the bushes knocking. I giggled, and walked over to the window to let him in. 

He climbed through successfully, but tripped on my backpack almost as soon as he stepped inside, causing him to face plant on my bedroom floor.  I began to laugh extremely loud, and ran to help him up off the ground.  He looked quite annoyed at the fact that I was laughing at him, and at the fact that his nose was beginning to bleed. 

I ran to the bathroom, calling him to follow, and had him sit down on the floor.  Giving him toilet paper, I motioned for him to lean his head forward, and allowed the bleeding to die down. 

"Thanks for that," he said, very obviously embarrassed about face planting on my bedroom floor.

"Don't worry about it," I replied, chuckling slightly, "it was funny to watch".

My remark caused Stan's eyebrows to raise slightly, confusion washing over his face.

"Me injuring myself trying to visit you is funny?" he asked sarcastically.

"Yes, most definitely, it was the highlight of my day" I mocked, watching his fake scowl turn into a grin.

He got up, making his way into my room and flopping on my bed. 

"You suck, i'm taking a nap," was all I heard before he fell asleep. 

I laughed again.  I had never seen a person fall asleep that quickly in my life.  He looked so peaceful while he slept, almost like a very large child.  I grabbed my blanket, covered him, and made my way over to my other window which had a window seat. 

Sitting down, I pulled out my sketchbook, and began to continue my scenery sketch from earlier.  Even though Stan was asleep, his presence made me feel safe, and I began to smile.

Wow, does life suck right now, but at least I have a friend like Stan to keep me grounded.

•••••

thanks for reading guys!
I know this chapter is shorter than normal, but I felt like it needed to end where it did, or I would have ruined it

I hope you guys are enjoying this story, and if you are let me know :))