Chapter 3

As I closed the door laughing, Kally rushed to my side to overlook my injuries.

"Are you okay?" She asked in deepest concern.

"Ow, yes, I'm fine." I said, reacting to the sharp pain of Noah putting me down on my feet.

"Are you sure? It looks like you're in pretty rough shape, and what's this guy doing? I thought you dumped him two hours ago." 

"We never broke up, and we-" I looked up at him with a smile, him returning the gesture, "kind of ran into each other. He wanted to take me home, so I let him." Kal flickered her eyes from me to him, her look disbelieving. 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? I have to go soon because I have to go to the library to work on my research paper."

"I can assure you; we will be fine."

She raised a skeptical eyebrow at me. "I hope so." She smirked at me as she turned to go back to the table in my kitchen to get her stuff in order to leave. I gyrated around to face Noah.

"I am going to go clean up and take a shower, and I guess you can just relax down here if you want. I can turn on the TV if you'd like, or I could get some food out for you to snack on."

"You don't have to go through all the trouble. I'll be quite entertained." He said, gazing up at the plethora of pictures upon the walls of me and my family. I smiled at him and went to go upstairs to my room. Shortly after I was in it, Kally stood in the door frame.

"Don't do anything to get yourself in trouble, all right?"

"Kal, you know me. I would never do anything bad with my parents gone." I assured her, taking off my shoes and setting them in my closet.

"Just promise me you'll wait to sleep with him."

"Kal!" I yelled, astonished by what she said. "What? I'm just stating the obvious. He likes you, you like him, your parents aren't home, and there's plenty of time for you-"

"I think it's time for you to leave." I suggested, pushing her out of my door. She turned to me and said, "You know, I'm just looking out for you."

"I know." I smiled back. She did the same and turned around, went down the stairs, and left. I brushed my hair out and took off my clothes to hop in the shower. As I was rinsing my hair out, I really began to contemplate on what was really happening. Noah was in my house, my parents were gone, and we were completely alone with no supervision. As a Christian, I made a promise to my parents and my Savior that I wouldn't have intercourse before I was married, and I was definitely not planning on breaking that promise that night with Noah. 

After I brushed my hair out and pinned it in a messy bun, I slipped into a fresh pair of shorts and an old tee-shirt. I looked in the medicine cabinet of my bathroom for some band aids to put on my wounds. It stung in the shower when I thoroughly washed them, but I put the bandages on them just to protect them from getting infected. I turned off the light and walked downstairs to find Noah still looking at all the photos on my wall.

"Which one do you like the best of me?" I playfully asked him.

"I like all of them, but if I had to pick one, it would be this one." He pondered for a second before pointing to the picture of one of my senior pictures. I was dressed in a white lace shirt with a jean jacket standing in a wheat field outside of Garden City. I had to agree with him that it was the best picture that was ever taken of me. "That was one of the sessions that I did my senior year with my photographer. It was the day that we had our last basketball game, too. It was one thing to cheer me up from that day." I remembered our last game like it was yesterday. We won 72 to 56, beating our long-time rival team for the very last time. It was a great way to end the season and my high school basketball career on a high note.